2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your rod tips are buzzing like a Jedi light sabre should you get off the water? When your rod tips are buzzing like a Jedi light sabre and you are in the middle of a feeding frenzy does the answer change? It is something I have experienced three times now while on the water very eery when you raise the tip up and it gets louder how close do you think that is to getting struck anybody else had similar experience?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
the fish are'nt worth getting your skull blown open. i think more die each year from lightning than from tornadoes and hurricanes combined. we've been on BIG trout three times this summer and lightning forced us leave. if they're buzzing id leave for sure.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
how bout that line floating in the air?? that's a trip. lure in the water and line is still arced above the water. time to put the rods down and find a safe spot.

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
Yeah Ive had my line held up in the air too. I think its static electricity that does that. One time had guy fishing off the bow and all the sudden his hair stood on end. I threw my rod on the deck. Cranked up and hauled ***** .

All of these are indicators for me to get off the water or well away from there a.s.a.p

Dave

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
I hate when that happens when we are running in the middle of no where in the boat and I have 10 rods in the T-top and the out rigger and center rigger on. That is a ugly feeling. That buzzzzing sound just makes me want to craw up on the bow in a fetal posission and wait for the strike.
no joking joker

·
Registered
467 Posts
When they buzz I lay down all of the rods, haul butt to the closest shoreline and sit in the bottom of the boat. I take a rod and tentatively raise it into the air every 10 minutes of so until the buzz is over. I think that is safer than running all over the place. Lots of people get hit while they are running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts