2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
My dakota has been an awesome truck for the last 10yrs.

I'm finally gonna upgrade to a new truck.
I've decided to go with a new Ram. Silver, SLT, quadcab, 4x4, 6.7l cummins, 6sp asin auto, tow package, Electric sliding window, tow mirrors and a bunch of other stuff.
I've been quoted this.
m.s.r.p is 45535, They are offering me this truck for 38499 out the door that includes tax (6.25%) title and license and they will tint the front two windows for free.
Does this sound like a good deal? I think it's about 9k under sticker price.
Thanks, Hop

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
If it's not the cab and chassis truck, you are not getting the Aisin 6 speed tranny. You'll get the 68RFE transmission built by Dodge. It's also a 6 speed transmission.

That seems like a pretty good deal to me, I'd pull the trigger on it if it were up to me.

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaah.. All I've heard about is the Aisin in 6spd didn't know about dodges 6sp. I know one thing. It's nice to be able to maunal shift with the click of a button! And that exhaust brake is awesome! I hope to pull the trigger on this either monday or tuesday. Have you heard anything bad about the dodge 6spd? This is gonna be my first diesel and my first new truck in 10yrs. Here's my current rig. http://home.swbell.net/hopsdak/driverfront.jpg
She's done well over the last 10yrs and 180k. Still runs like a top and looks good to boot. If i have to sell her It will be to one of my nephews. Can't see her going to a stranger. It's time to get a bigger truck that will fit more than two adults... Just wish I could switch everything over to this new truck.. I guess thats why they say you gotta pay to play..
--Hop

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hop,
I bought the same truck about a month ago... I think you could get another grand
off if you tried. So far, I'm liking my truck just fine. I'm getting around 16mpg in town
and 18 on the highway...supposed to get better when it gets a few more miles on it.

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Sweet deal Hop. Congratulations! You know me, spend first ask questions later! LOL So, I won't comment on whether it's a good deal or not but sure sounds like one hell of a nice ride! You'll have to bring it by to show it off when you pull the trigger.

·
ZIP ZIP ZIP
1,894 Posts
sounds like a good deal
I just bought a used Dodge 2500 diesel with 7600 miles on it and got a prety good deal
saw a new one on red tag for 39000 ,so it sounds like your getting a good deal

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Sounds good to me....I just bought the Same truck in a Dually (laramie) with power moon roof (For my Dog)... in dash screen gps, siris, and power pedals for my short legs....ULSD is still sometimes a little hard to find so I'm having another tank installed...The 6sp auto and exaust brakes rock.....Towing a 16k fifth wheeler.
You can pass a car quick with the 6.7...My wife drives it like she just stole it..LOL

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish it had the big console instead of the bench seat with storage. I'd really like to have a laramie with the navigation package but, that's a tad on the pricey side! I almost bought this truck.. http://www.onlyisuzu.com/~texasluxurycar/7J525330-6sm.jpg
The wanted 40k (before TT&L) for it though and i figure i could do my own after market upgrades for that price. Hope to have it looking like this in the near future. I'll see if i can get them to throw in a few more options like window vents or nerf bars.
--Hop

·
Tight Lines to All!!!
308 Posts
I got a real good deal on my 2007 mega laramie. Loaded with everything they come with, tint front windows, nerf bars, made them put on the aluminum rims, not the steel and 35 BFG muds. I paid $300 less than what you are quoted. Give them an offer and be stiff, all they can do is tell you no. I did buy mine the last day of the month. Maybe they were really desperate, but they do have some more room to work with. I had no factory incentives tied to my deal. Enjoy the truck once you get it!

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
You know my gig, and I can tell ya, last day of the month, last month of the quarter, last quarter of the year is the best time to negotiate. Flip side is, they may have had a good month, and be worn out and not want to mess with negotiating and just say see ya.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Im not trying to get you down but I have owned 4 dodge diesel trucks and have recently bought the same truck you are describing above. I have had it for 6 weeks and have a little over 9000 miles on it and it has been in the shop three times and is going in for the fourth time on Thursday. It has not quit or left me sitting yet but I am having all kinds of stuff act up. The check engine light comes on all the time. The wipers quit for about 10 minutes the other day. The exhaust brake comes on sometimes during accelleration. Sometimes the door locks wont work with the key fob. The transmission is great but sometimes taking off or coming to a stop between 1st and 2nd it will slam hard enough that you can hear the driveshaft ring. Oh and the best mileage I have gotten so far is about 15.5 and I typically get around 13 - 13.5 hand calculated. The overhead is off by atleast 2 mpg most of the time. Im sure these are all issues that they will get worked out it is just kinda dissapointing that the American maufacturers cant get this stuff worked out before it gets to the consumer. Oh and be sure and buy the extended service contract. When it goes in the shop this week they want to keep it for 3-4 days and will not provide a rental. Sorry for the long post but I felt obligated to tell you my experience.

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the heads up onesource.
I've been reading on TDR and found that there are several people having problems with the new engine and tranny. On the flip side there are several that aren't having any issues what so ever. Seems like it's hit or miss from what i've heard. I think some of it may have to do with driving styles as well. I drove an '07 with the old eng trans setup and didn't like the way it drove. I really think the new 6spd made a huge difference in the way the truck performs. I havent pulled the trigger yet.. As far as the extended warranty goes I'll keep that in mind. Maybe I can get them to throw that in.
--Hop

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sounds like you are getting a pretty good deal, and I know you're getting a good truck. You may try to get them to knock another thousand off. I know in Austin/Round Rock they are readily available for $10,000 of sticker. You may also check www.dodgetalk.com Lots of knowledgable folks there. Good luck on the purchase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts