2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone drags up an Avet LX two-speed on a Shimano rod fishing on the deep wreck SW of the Meat Market, let me know and I'll give you the butt cap for the rod. I jigged up a big AJ while "practising" for the Aug 23 tuna trip and handed it off to a customer who inexplicably let go of it a couple minutes later. I've never allowed a customer to fish with that rig, but I felt kind of sorry for this guy and thought a big AJ would make his day.

I know, I know, WHAT was I thinking?

Cole

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
Hey, why don't all you fellas that keep chunkin perfectly good gear overboard post up the #s of where you tossed it and me buddy will make a run with our dive gear and try and salvage it for ya!

We'll let ya know if we find it and get it back to ya!

Honest:biggrin:

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you don't want to lose it yourself don't give it to someone else. I've had a client lose my rod and he wasn't even using it. Went to set hook like a bass fisherman on Saturday morning TV, caught my rod in the rod holder behind the seat and commenced to throw it overboard. Custom made rod for my birthday with a calcutta reel.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
PM me the numbers and maybe I will try a few drops there next weekend. My guys normally snag anything but fish for at least the first hour.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry to hear that Cole, that's an expensive habit to get into. I was afraid Blake was going to drop one of mine when we went with you a couple of weeks ago. I used a knife jig last weekend in PA and had a blast - that kind of fishing will wear you out - but our only grouper came from one. I am sure Mike has another avet with your name on it. Would you PM me if you have any spots open between now and the end of Sept? Thanks, Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.