2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Typical Texan
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the freeze has started to do it's damage to pipes. A coworker just got a call from his wife that one of the pipes at the house had burst. He tore out of here 90 to nothing.

I'm hoping that's the only one I hear of.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hopeing my travel trailler is o.k at lease its a new trailer none of the pipes are exposed and we had cold weather earlier in season where it was in low 20s no problem

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
I had a rush of dirty water come through my faucets/toilet this morning. It cleared quickly & the water looks good now. All of my pipes are protected & everything looks good on inspection. I'm on Pearland city water feed. Any ideas why this happened?

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
A busted pipe here on Goodfellow this morning. Water was shooting 20' into the air and everything looked like an icey wonderland.. LOL

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
What occurs is like a line pig from an ice plug. Residue that has built up in your supply lines is broken loose.

If you free flow both water lines out of the bath tub faucet, most likely will not have the screen pluggage problems at the basin and sink fauctes, also the washing machine screen can plug.

Best to flow the tub lines and make the good flush there.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Only had one line break so far. It was the only one I didn't have a cutoff on. I do now.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Had several weekend neighbors with busted mains. They broke right at the cut-off valve. Folks know to turn off the water and drain the lines in the winter before they leave.
The city had trouble finding the gate valves to turn off the water......oh, and 45+ year old valves don't work too good!

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
I had a rush of dirty water come through my faucets/toilet this morning. It cleared quickly & the water looks good now. All of my pipes are protected & everything looks good on inspection. I'm on Pearland city water feed. Any ideas why this happened?
I had the same thing at my house this a.m. Nasty looking stuff, it's all clear now.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
got an atta boy yesterday as i walked to the pharmacy by my house the church had a plastic water line about a foot above ground running along the side and was jus pouring water couldnt find a cutoff so told a person down the street that gos there and informed the preacher to fix it. got up at 3 and turned water on and drip , checked around 6 am and was almost stopped turned it up and took 10 mins. till it started flowing again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts