2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the RMEF (Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation) Conroe banquet Saturday night and I won a Burris Full Field II, 3 X 9 scope. Comparing it to my Leupold and Nikon scopes, it appears to have excellent clarity. It also has a neat reticle with bullet drop compensating marks. Has anyone had any experience with this scope? I am thinking about putting it on my "main" gun, a Remmington .280 mountain rifle, and moving the 3 X 9 Leupold to my weatherby 300 mag that currently does not have a scope. It says light transmission is 95%, a little less than my Nikons. Let me know what you guys think.
BB

·
Carlos
168 Posts
The Fullfield ll model Burris scopes are their "bread and butter" line of scopes and are an excellent value. Put it on the mountain rifle (.280 is a great round) and it will give you many years of service. Nice prize!!

·
Too far from the ocean ...
2,504 Posts
I've read elsewhere that Burris has inconsistant quality control. That said, I have a 2.5x10 Posilock that I've had on a stainless M70 since about 94 or 95 with which I've had exactly 0 problems. I'm extremely happy with the scope.

I'd take yours to the range a couple of times to make sure that you've got a good one and then not worry about it.

Syncerus

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scope

Thanks for the input guys, I have always been a Nikon or Leupold man. I will probably put it on the .280 and see how it goes this year. If I do not like it, I always carry a back up with me to the ranch, sometimes two. Rangerjohn, it was a good banquet, but the only bargains were on the silent auction, I picked up a print and a unique elk catch-all box pretty cheap. The attendance was down, but there were some pretty good storms in the area earlier in the day.
BB

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
i wanted to go but i was thinking it was next weekend and i have a jiu jitsu tourny saturday so i figured i would not make it. guess i was right because i didnt make it lol.
i picked up some nice stuff at the houston one. nice hunt got a nice knife some pearls for my wife lithograph some other stuff. i just got my life membership so they put me in a drawing and i won the 1st prize which i took the gift to cabelas. RMEF is awesome in my book

·
Registered
117 Posts
Burris scope

BigBuck said:
I was at the RMEF (Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation) Conroe banquet Saturday night and I won a Burris Full Field II, 3 X 9 scope. Comparing it to my Leupold and Nikon scopes, it appears to have excellent clarity. It also has a neat reticle with bullet drop compensating marks. Has anyone had any experience with this scope? I am thinking about putting it on my "main" gun, a Remmington .280 mountain rifle, and moving the 3 X 9 Leupold to my weatherby 300 mag that currently does not have a scope. It says light transmission is 95%, a little less than my Nikons. Let me know what you guys think.
BB
I have that scope on my 7mag and it has excellent clarity and I'm very pleased with it......Capt. Wayne

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scope

Thanks Capt. Wayne. You need to come back to the San Jacinto board meetings. Always enjoy listening to you and Capt. Benny.
John

·
Registered
494 Posts
The Burris scope is not worth a whole lot, I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it. Just kidding, I've got one on my 300 Win Mag and I've never had to adjust the zero in the past 5 years. A very good scope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts