2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing with BIL last weekend in Louisiana outta Burns Point. Water was gorgeous. Started out a little choppy, but ended up like a lake. We went out about 5 miles out and fished a reef. The pic of all the boats were at that reef. I couldn't believe how many showed up and how many were already there. I was throwing pumpkinseed/chart SWA and hooked into a monster trout with some aerial action. About his 3rd launch into the air about 15 ft from the boat he came off and my arty came flying at me. That hurt to not land her. Anyway, boats came in all over the place and nobody was catching. They really didn't seem to mind each other, and everybody got along just fine. We moved out another 10-15 miles to a rig and I couldn't believe the action. 3 boats were already there and were just pulling in one trout after another...big fatties too. We managed 20 between the 3 of us and had a blast. Hooked into a couple of big uglies, 4 sharks, 2 small kings, and a total of 20 specs....only kept the specs. I had a blast. The other boat was using live bait and just smoked em.

Didn't get any pics of the fish, but took a few before all the action started. I couldn't believe all the boats on top of each other, but hey....when in Louisiana do as the Cajuns do!!!! as long as you are with one!!!!!

Mike

1. Sunrise outta Burns Point
2. BIL on the bow of his 22' Seahunt
3. One hunk of a sexy man (me) j/k
4. All the potlicking offshore at a place called "the nickel"

Attachments

Reactions: Hooked Up

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Burns Point is south of I-10 on La 90 about 20 miles. Its in Louisiana somewhere, not exactly sure where. BIL took me!!!

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts