2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse the rant but my A** is still burning from this one...

My wife and I had found a short sale home in June and made an offer. We went back and forth on counter offers and I wasn't willing to pay the bottom line price. I said I'll wait untill foreclosure and did just that. Fast forward to last week and the home is back on the market as a HUD foreclosure. Hud foreclosures go through a 10 day bidding process so we submitted our bid (above asking price) through our realtor last tuesday. Well auction ended sunday night and I find out Monday morning I was not the winning bidder. I thought "Oh well it happens" untill I opened the bid results only to find it went for 12K less than my offer. I called the asset company hosting the auction to discover my bid was not reviewed and they would not tell me any more. Realtor insists she doesn't know how we couldn't be the winning bidder. I called HUD who opened an investigation and ultimantly discovered my realtor didn't submit my bid untill monday morning after the auction closed. Now the home we were holding out for is gone for less than I was willing to pay. I don't want her fired but c'mon that is her job and I'm steaming mad...The worst part is she has flat out lied to me and wasted the reasources of HUD by my opening an investigation based on her word. I know it's just brick and morter but that was the only house mama and I have agreed on in 2 years of searching.
I need a drink!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I would report it and let it be, otherwise she is just going to d it again. You don't want this to happen to anyone else do ya?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have indeed reported it to the owner of the real estate office and you can bet I'm moving on to another realtor. I guess what I meant is I understand people make mistakes, but it's the lying that kills me. Just tell me you botched the deal and I would have been much more understanding.

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
I'd report her fair and square if she knew the logistics of what she was doing. Just ask her straight up "Did you drop the ball"? If she says yes than forgive her and move on still fire her and get a new one. if you need a new real estate agent let me know. The ones I know several of them are previous Loan officers and know the business really well.

·
Mortgage Man
143 Posts
That flat out suggs. I have been a mortgage guy for 16 years and have seen that happen from time to time. I doubt you could have her fired as she is commission based and if they did fire her, she would hang her shingle at the next Keller Williams, Remax, etc... on the next block.
Realtors, like Mortgage brokers, are licensed and you could file a complaint with her association. Try HAR.com and you can find the link to get that accomplished.
Sounds like she either A. Has too much business(seriously doubt in this market.) B. Was lazy and procrastinated until it was too late.
C. Did not have the knowledge needed to make this transaction happen with HUD.
I have GOOD agents all over town I would be happy to refer to you if you like. I also know of a pretty good Mortgage guy if you need one of those too!
Best,
DP

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Before you condemn that agent ask her "what the process in your office for submitting HUD offers?"

If its like my office, all HUD offers MUST be submitted by someone who has a HUD license (permit, whatever they call it--some piece of paper that costs $$$ that names an individual who can submit a bid). Typically that "person" with the HUD "permit" is the office broker (not the agent unless the agent is also the broker). Thus, it is POSSIBLE that your agent's office has a process whereby all HUD offers are submitted to the office broker (HUD licensed) who then submits the offer. In such a case, it is POSSIBLE that your agent did, in fact, submit your offer to her broker in a timely fashion but the broker (or broker's staff) submitted the offer too late to HUD. Not saving that's what happened, just saying that MIGHT be what had happened.

Technically, the agent is NOT an employee (she's an independent contractor working under agreement for the broker---broker does NOT pay salary, only commissions IF the sale closes). Therefore, she can't be "fired" since she was not "hired". However, the broker could chose NOT to continue the independent contractor relationship which is, arguably, the same as "firing".

·
Dont hate the player... hate the game...
2,093 Posts
report them to the trec.

I did that once on a realtor that was absolute scum. she changed some info on our contract after we signed it.
the trec took action she was suspended for a while.

·
Maker of laser engraved switch panels
3,766 Posts
If the agent did not submit the bid in the allotted time, then you should file a complaint against her. http://www.trec.state.tx.us/complaintsconsumer/default.asp

If she submitted the offer as claimed, she should easily be able to document the time line. If she did, there may be more to the story, if she did not and lied, then she deserves to pay the price for her actions or in-actions as it may be.

She may need to pay for your losses as well. This is not just a casual mistake by a friend who forgot, she was grossly negligent in the performance of her job. She is a licensed professional, and knows better. She had a duty to submit the offer in a timely fashion. Don't let it go, you deserve better from a paid professional, and nothing will change if you don't take the proper action.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
My family has been in the Real Estate business for a long and I sent Mark a message just to see if i could help him find another realtor in his area. Little did i know My family owns the office that this realtor works for and i know this realtor personally. I just got off the phone with Mark and apoligised to him personally. This realtor is one of our better agents actually and does about 40 deals a year, she is an extremely hard worker, and a really sweet person. I just got off the phone with her and she is very upset about the situation because she has worked with Mark for so long and if you think about it she just lost several thousand dollars too. If you are familiar with HUD there is a pretty elaborate process to submit a bid and she obviously messed up the submission. She doesn't know how but she admits she must have missed something.

She has worked for us for 4 years now and this is the first negative thing i have ever heard about her. There is no excuse but all i can say is people do make mistakes.

Mark you have my cell phone number and feel free to call me anytime. This is not common with any of our realtors or they would not work for us. We are the biggest real estate company around here for one reason...We pride ourselves on treating the customers right! If i felt this happened because of laziness she would be fired but i promise you that is not the case this time.

·
Master of Boats
1,434 Posts
OR..... the winner of the house auction was someone that the realtor or the bank wanted to win.

My SIL got caught in a deal like that recently. She submitted a full price offer, but the bank wasn't interested, even though she had been pre-approved by another mortgage company. The house went to a friend of the realtor, who was also a friend of the bank.

Get another realtor for sure, there are plenty of good hardworking honest ones out there. If you give her more chances, you are rewarding her for poor performance.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
My family has been in the Real Estate business for a long and I sent Mark a message just to see if i could help him find another realtor in his area. Little did i know My family owns the office that this realtor works for and i know this realtor personally. I just got off the phone with Mark and apoligised to him personally. This realtor is one of our better agents actually and does about 40 deals a year, she is an extremely hard worker, and a really sweet person. I just got off the phone with her and she is very upset about the situation because she has worked with Mark for so long and if you think about it she just lost several thousand dollars too. If you are familiar with HUD there is a pretty elaborate process to submit a bid and she obviously messed up the submission. She doesn't know how but she admits she must have missed something.

She has worked for us for 4 years now and this is the first negative thing i have ever heard about her. There is no excuse but all i can say is people do make mistakes.

Mark you have my cell phone number and feel free to call me anytime. This is not common with any of our realtors or they would not work for us. We are the biggest real estate company around here for one reason...We pride ourselves on treating the customers right! If i felt this happened because of laziness she would be fired but i promise you that is not the case this time.
This is what I figured happen anyways. She put 2 years in this deal too to not just submit the bid. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be and there a better house for yall in store. :brew:

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
This is somewhat related, but not sure. Since we are on the issue of real estate. Does anyone off-hand know who to file a complaint with regarding a real estate company that "leases" property and violated the terms of the contract? We're going to go to small claims court soon and just wanted to know without hijacking this thread. -Hector

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
I have indeed reported it to the owner of the real estate office and you can bet I'm moving on to another realtor. I guess what I meant is I understand people make mistakes, but it's the lying that kills me. Just tell me you botched the deal and I would have been much more understanding.
Haven't read through all of the posts, but you need to report her and the sponsoring broker to the Texas real estate commission. Without very verifiable extenuating circumstances, that is a flat out lapse of professional conduct.

It would be more important if you had signed a buyer's agent agreement with the agent.

GY

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
Hector, use the TREC links above.

Thanks Pablo...I book marked the link but couldn't decipher all that stuff to read through. I guess I'll have to figure it out! And "thanks" to the 2Cooler that posted the TREC link also. -Hector

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
sounds like she made a mistake and shouldn't be crucified for it. there are a bunch of homes on the market for good deals right now.

what about going back to her and ask her to forego her commission to make it right by you and the missus? she should be willing to do this to make up for the mistake.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts