2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was planning an offshore run today but decided to fish the surf instead due the the buoy readings from weather underground. Snagged and myself hit the beach a little before sunrise to be greated by 2 rows by 1 foot. Where were the 2 to 4 ft. seas. I must admit I stayed until mid afternoon and the wind and waves picked up but nothing that would be reason to cancel the trip. Having a small boat and being a newbie my comfort range is 2-3 ft. seas. But the seas today were nothing close to the predicted conditions. Next Saturday predictions is 4-6ft. ........OUCH!! SM :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
We were scared of the forecast, but said we were going fishing anyway. We were actually planning on fishing the jetties if it was rough. We were greeted by glassy conditions this morning at daylight and the same conditions as we came in this evening. Great day to be on the water. The weatherman did it again..

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
You would be surprised the difference going just a mile can do to the seas. I have gone in a mile from flat 1-2s to choppy 2-3s without noticing it.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
buoy readings...

Remember, when you get the report from the buoys, that they are giving you "significant wave height". Under the definition of significant wave height, 1% of the waves will be twice the significant height, ie 3.2 foot seas will see 1% of the waves at 6.4 feet.....Significant wave height is the average of the top 1/3 of the waves.....Aquapoz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts