2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured it was time we had one.
Weekend of Aug 12-13
Base camp will probably be somewhere east of the piers and west of the nude beach.
Everyone is invited.

Mods: please make this a sticky.

·
Frustrated Fisherman
672 Posts
Man I hope that I can make this thing. For the last several years work or family emergency has came up and I could not attend. Thanks to all that posted pictures of the last events. It not as good as being there but helps soften the missed oppurtuinity to be with great people.

See you on the sand.

·
Banned
59 Posts
I have been to that beach and that has to be one of the nastiest beaches on the gulfcoast. Why would you have the Bumrun there. Most people that live in Corpus and Padre would come down to High Island and laugh. It is like fishing from a bayou. Better be packing after dark on that beach people. Not a safe place at all.

·
Higher Ed Honk
1,320 Posts
serial!

On Bum's old site I remember reading about people on PI packing heat as well--there was quite a set-to about it (not to resurrect ugly memories). HI has great fishing, which is the primary reason people go, and is certainly safer than Galveston or (sometimes) Quintana. Usually less of a weed-risk than much of the coast, too. Relax, and don't mess with East Texas.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
serial9 said:
I have been to that beach and that has to be one of the nastiest beaches on the gulfcoast. Why would you have the Bumrun there. Most people that live in Corpus and Padre would come down to High Island and laugh. It is like fishing from a bayou. Better be packing after dark on that beach people. Not a safe place at all.
HI ain't the prettiest beach in Texas for [email protected] sure. BUT you catch more fish at HI than anywhere else in Texas.
As for safety, HI is much safer than PINS. HI has very little if any drug traffic and I have yet to see any illegal ******** walking up the beach to get to Louisiana. At PINS dope runners are a common occurrence and illegal aliens will [email protected] will run over you. Last time I was at PINS I saw 6 in one bunch.
BTW: I haven't heard of any running gun battles taking place at HI. I do know of one that lasted about 40 miles on PINS. All the guy that told me about it was doing, was looking around that morning. He saw some dopers unloading a boat and they chased him off the beach. He finally ran off into the dunes somewhere south of the blacktop and the dopers went on by. He said he lost count of how many shots were fired at him or how many him and his party fired back. I saw 3 bullet holes in his truck, that were supposed to have happened in that battle.
About the only real problem at HI is the nudist. They generally stay 3 to 4 miles east of the barricades and don't bother anyone unless they are bothered. PINS has its share of nudist too.
As far as David Williams having any thing to do with the BumRuns. He don't, but he is welcome to come fish with us. David uses the name Beach Bum, but so do a lot of other people. Some for a lot longer than he has, so that don't give him exclusive rights to it.
David didn't start the BumRuns either. Granted it was done on his old site, but Artie Hebert and Rob Shockley(Tygershark) were the ones that started the runs. David just kind of got pushed along by the stampede of people that thought it was a great idea.
The first BumRun was held in June of 01 at PINS and a second one was planned for Gorda in October of 01. I missed that first PINS run and didn't want to wait until October for the next one, so I got one organized for HI in August of 01. David was off for a cruise on the research ship Oregon(I believe thats the name) at the time and didn't have anything to do with the first HI BumRun.
Of all the beaches where a BumRun has been held, HI in August is the only one that has happened every year. The DrumRun at Sea Rim has also be every year. There hasn't been a Gorda run in 2 years and the PINS run didn't happen last year.

As for the people in Corpus laughing when they see HI, yep they do, until they start catching fish. Then they start making plans to come back.

serial9, I'm going to issue you a personal invitation to come fish with us. If you take me up on it, you will be more than welcome. If you don't want to take me up on it, then take note of the mistletoe attached to my shirt tail and act accordingly.

Reactions: Neverenough

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Hey Cereal,

Have you ever even fished High Island? I have yet to see a fishing report from you about High Island. How can you bad mouth a place it seems that you have never been to?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BeachBumCSF said:
This is something Gundoctor is doing on his own even though I have my website up and running again. I say go for it. For that want to fish it, I am sure they will have fun.
Thanks Bum, and I mean it when I said you were invited to come fish with us. That also includes any and all of the posters from your old or new sites.

BTW: I ain't exactly alone in getting this together. A few of the old crew have been asking when and if it was going to happen. So I answered them.
As for fun. There ain't nothing a bunch of people can do on the beach with their clothes on, that is more fun than a BumRun.

As for whats the most fun on the beach with a bunch of naked people, you'll have to ask the nudist. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW. ROTFLMRNAOTIH

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Hell, Id like to make it just so I can sit on the tailgate and shoot the bull with ya again Doc.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Done

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blue Water Ho said:
Hell, Id like to make it just so I can sit on the tailgate and shoot the bull with ya again Doc.
Then be there. I enjoy a good bull session as much as anyone.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts