2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down Sun night and got there too late to fish. Woke up at daybreak and yaked some bait out and didn't even get a hit except hardheads and whiting. Met up with a couple of people from San Angelo, and let them try the Frenzy out, still nothing. Woke up Tue and moved down the beach to about the 20 MM, and set up. I took 2 lines the first time, one about 200 yrds w/mullet and one about 400 yrds w/whiting. Got back in and the close one was running, about a 5 lb skipjack. Run it back out and sat back for a couple of hrs, then pulled in the long one, no bait. Ran that one back out w/skipjack, and never had a bite on it all day. About 1:00 had a run on the short one w/3" mullet, thought Bull Red, but it just kept the hammer down. Had about half a spool of 25 lb test on a 4/0 left and he finally slowed down. We both sat there contemplating what we were goning to do. Finally, he started to give a little. I thought it might be a large Ray, cause he would just sit there doing nothing. After 1 1/2 hrs I got him close enough to see him. He was worn out too much so that he did a belly up when I got him back to water, walked him for about 1/2 hr and still belly up. I did catch some smaller ones that I got in fast enough as to not to wear them out, they swam off. Fun just the same.
Sniper

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts