2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
...COASTAL FLOOD STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX 223 PM CDT TUE SEP 21 2004

... ELEVATED TIDE LEVELS MAY CAUSE MINOR COASTAL FLOODING AT HIGH TIDE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS...

A LONG FETCH OF MODERATE EASTERLY WINDS EXTENDS ALL THE WAY TO FLORIDA. THIS HAS CAUSED TIDE LEVELS TO RUN 1.5 TO 2 FEET ABOVE NORMAL ACROSS THE UPPER TEXAS COAST AND BAYS... AND THIS SHOULD PERSIST FOR THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS.

BY ADDING THIS 1.5 TO 2 FEET TO ALREADY HIGH ASTRONOMICAL TIDES THIS WEEK... TOTAL OBSERVED WATER LEVELS SHOULD REACH BETWEEN 4 AND 4.5 FEET ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE UPPER TEXAS COAST AT HIGH TIDE. AT THESE LEVELS... MINOR COASTAL FLOODING IS OBSERVED AT THE LOWEST LYING AREAS... MAINLY FOR AREAS EAST OF FREEPORT AND IN THE GALVESTON BAY AREA. FOR AREAS WEST OF FREEPORT... ONLY MINOR TIDAL OVERFLOW IS ANTICIPATED.

... AT 4.0 FEET... GALVESTON AND BOLIVAR PENINSULA: WATER BEGINS COVERING THE LOWEST WATERFRONT STREETS ON THE BOLIVAR PENINSULA... WESTERN GALVESTON ISLAND AND THE JAMAICA BEACH AREA.

KEMAH AND SEABROOK: WATER BEGINS TO COVER PORTIONS OF TODDVILLE ROAD. WATER APPROACHES LOWER PORTIONS OF RED BLUFF ROAD BETWEEN BAY AREA BLVD AND HIGHWAY 146.

CHAMBERS COUNTY: PORTIONS OF WEST BAYSHORE RD BETWEEN ANAHUAC AND OAK ISLAND BEGIN TO FLOOD. WATER ALSO APPROACHES HIGHWAY 124 BETWEEN HIGH ISLAND AND FM 1985.

... AT 4.5 FEET... GALVESTON AND BOLIVAR PENINSULA: PARTS OF HIGHWAY 87 BECOME IMPASSABLE.

KEMAH AND SEABROOK: PARTS OF TODDVILLE ROAD CLOSED.

CHAMBERS COUNTY: FM 562 NORTHEAST OF SMITH POINT BEGINS FLOODING. AGAIN... ANY MINOR COASTAL FLOOD PROBLEMS SHOULD OCCUR AT AND NEAR HIGH TIDE ITSELF FOR THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS. FOR WEDNESDAY... HIGH TIDES SHOULD OCCUR BETWEEN 2 AND 3 AM AT THE BEACHES AND BETWEEN 6 AM AND 1 PM IN THE BAYS. WATER LEVELS WILL FALL BELOW CRITICAL LEVELS AFTER HIGH TIDE AND THE FLOOD THREAT WILL DIMINISH UNTIL THE NEXT HIGH TIDE OCCURS. THIS SAME GENERAL SCENARIO WILL LIKELY PERSIST THROUGH THURSDAY OR FRIDAY AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED. RESIDENTS SHOULD CONSIDER MOVING ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY AWAY FROM THE WATERFRONT IF AT ALL POSSIBLE....

Give us a report if one of you folks who live down there gets a chance!

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I will out and about in a little while I will post something when I do.

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,427 Posts
I think I'm going to take a gander at Toddville Road here in Seabrook on my way home from work. I did notice that Clear Lake was exceptionally high today when I was coming back from lunch.

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
Not too familiar with the area so

will the flooding mentioned for the Anahuac area effect the Gathering at Double Bayou this weekend?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
624 Posts
The tides in Tiki are higher now than from the effects of Hurr. Ivan a week or so ago. Darn close to the top of my bottom deck this morning. Tides out a bit right now. Fishing has been phenomenal since Ivan pushed all the water up into the marshes. Redfish, flounder and trout are steady under the lights.

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
A friend went fishing, or let's say he tried to go fishing, this morning. The water was in the parking lot at Anahuac Park boat ramp. At the mouth of the Trinity, they ran into 3 foot chop and turned around. Made for a short day and a short report.

Hey Brew, I'm not sure what the weekend will bring yet. Maybe the water will go down some...if Ivan doesn't come this way.
Mike

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Rosie's was under water this afternoon at around 3:00pm. The water was completely covering the road only for about 50 yds in the area. As I drove down Toddville none of the road was under water but at the crossings the waves were close enough to the road that I had to turn the wipers on to get the spray off the windshield. The canal off Clear Lake behind my apartment is up higher than I've seen it since Allison. Not to be alarmist but I'm amazed at how high the water is. More importantly, dang it, I want to fish and the wind is killin me!!!!!

Hope the water stays out of the houses....

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
The double bayou gathering will be just fine......Trust me.......

·
Registered
759 Posts
Water in the canals by my house is above several of the older (lower) bulkheads. definetly higher than ivans tides. only thing about high tides is my boat ramp is mud and when the tide comes it becomes a marsh :( looks like no fishing for a few days.

-A

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Thanks for the heads up

Thanks a bunch. I keep my Blackfin in a friends sling at Tiki. Its got a collapsable cover above the marlin tower and sits pretty high with the top folded down. Folded down, the steering wheel rests just below the deck. Thanks to the warning, I had the next door neighbor move it out of the sling yesterday pm. He called at 7:30 this morning to say it would have busted through the deck if he had not have pulled it out. Muchos gracias!-Tom

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Kinja the water was over the road at your Dads house

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Thanks Bobby. I'm hoping his boat is ok in the sling. I think I put it up pretty high on Sunday and it should be clear. Thank you a million for keeping an eye on things. -Tom

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
What sling is his boat in. If it in Bens stalls it is ok I checked all them this morning.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
benswa I didn't go to the end of the road but yes I have there was water on the road part of the way up the road. I am not sure how far cause I didn't go to the end.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I have to go down that way in a little bit I will check it out and post here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts