2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Wonder why they were using steel leader material below livingston dam in the first place. Thats pretty wild.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Wonder why they were using steel leader material below livingston dam in the first place. Thats pretty wild.
Alligator Gar

12lb

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe they are suggesting the shark was hooked in the gulf and swam up river with the leader attached.

·
Registered
14,596 Posts
While wade fishing below the Livingston dam many years ago ( the cable used to be about 45 yards from the riprap) a friend of mine and myself heard a bunch of folks shouting from the boats anchored at the cable who were pointing behind us. We turned to see a FIN about 50 yards downstream from us, it appeared to be a dorsal fin from about a 5'+ shark. It hovered a bit then submerged, we keep fishing(big stripers were hitting hard) but with a much increased anxiety level!

·
Banned
1,237 Posts
theres a pic at the marina where my cabin is on lake palistene its a pic of a 6ft shark caught on the lake they called it a mudd shark

·
Registered
158 Posts
Look at the pointiness of the snout. Bulls have shorter and broader snouts. Plus the teeth are not aligned properly for a bull.IMO

·
Registered
121 Posts
They had the guy on the news last night.

The only pictures he had were of the head, and he also said he thought the shark was "already a little sick".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts