2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Always Chasing Tails
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know when you get a fishing licenses you are only given one bull red tag. If someone gives you there bull red tag is it legal to use it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, and as long as they are being so generous, ask them to let you have their driver's license for the next time you get pulled over for speeding.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
one is more than anyone should be able to use anyway.. why bother with a second??

·
I carry a Gun, cause I can!
175 Posts
need more tags

I have caught and released at least 4 oversize reds the last 4 times I have been fishing. Plenty of o/s reds out there.

·
Team FISH BONZ
1,320 Posts
Put the oversize back in the water and catch the slotted REDS...The big ones are the breeding stock and they arent that good to eat....CPR big reds !!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
No, it's not Your tag.

If you want one more tag call TPW and they will sell you one but why throw them back.

txred is right they're not that good anyway.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
The only way to legally take more than one bull red a year is to use your tag on one, then you can mail it in or turn it in to a TPWD office and they will give you another one.

I agree that the big ones should go back too!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The oversize tag that comes with your license in my opinion is 1 more than the state should offer. They are the breeding stock and not that good to eat. For mounting get the length and girth and take a few pictures.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
This is a hige pet peeve of mine, I have no idea why people keep these fish! At this size they are good for one thing and one thing only and that is breeding. I rarely will keep a red over 25" for that very reason. No need what so ever in keeping one (unless its hooked deep and is going to die anyway)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
You can get your bonus tag at the place where you bought your license, its easy. Oversized bull reds are nasty vittles, rather go to Whataburger anyday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Big bull reds taste good also if you know how to cook them! I usually release all big bulls but last weekend i caught a 43" and it is in the freezer and i plan to get another tag, just in case i catch the state record.

·
ZIP ZIP ZIP
1,892 Posts
just hit eny of the jetties and chunk cut mullet ,shad, or even squid and crab
or drive trough the boat cut and anchor near a sandbar off of the beach and cast out the big rods , it shouldent take long to get some hits
haparks said:
u guys are livin my dream to catch a bull red i never cought one over 27.3/4 inches i hope to catch a monster the next time im down---need a boat u can use mine-- all i need is gas to get down and back-if i ever do catch one i will take pleanty of pics and show my excitment!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
201 Posts
Some of you guys need to learn how to spell..............Since their's BULL reds out there, does that mean their are COW reds out there too????

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bull red tag

If you use up your one bull red tag,you can to Academy Sports and Outdoors and ask for a second tag. You are only limited to 2 tags per year. I work there at Academy and had lots of people come in for their second and final tag. There is no charge for it. Im sure if you can get one there,you can surely get another anywheres they sell hunting and fishing licenses.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.