2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
fishes with calcutta
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I buy bulk kerosene in the Northwest quadrant of Houston. I need 5 to 10 gallons at a time for some shop heaters.

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
I don't know about the Northwest part of town but near 610/288 there is a fuel distributor named "The Hurt Company" that can sell you some kerosene.

Give them a call at 713-747-7411

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
Brings back memories of those days when stores had the kerosene pumps sitting out front. Wow, haven't thought about those in a long time.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Would diesel work in them? Just curious. It would be cheaper than the $5/gal stuff.
Kerosene is going to be your best bet. If it was me...I would just go to a tractor supply. If you were up in the Dallas area, I would get you some (I work with Buckley Oil Co. in Dallas).

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Brings back memories of those days when stores had the kerosene pumps sitting out front. Wow, haven't thought about those in a long time.
X2

Growing up, we had a stove that ran off white gas (kerosene). Mom would send us to the store a few blocks away with a small kerosene can to buy a few cents worth.

·
fishes with calcutta
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would diesel work in them? Just curious. It would be cheaper than the $5/gal stuff.
Yep it will. And that's what happened. They're all running on diesel now.

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
Kerosene

is cleaner than Diesel, due to being filtered more in the manufacturing process, and burns cleaner. I recall selling kerosene for $.15 per gallon, as a kid at my Dad's service station.:headknock Gasoline was $.24 per gallon, and that was a high price, and was about 1949.:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts