2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit of a procrastinator. I have been stuck in Beaumont working on Ike claims and I have a stand that is not going to hold up through the season. I am going to build a stand this weekend but I need to find some good windows that I can pick up, I don't have time to order. Does anyone know where I can pick some up? I am going to be driving from Beaumont to Lampasas so I would like to find them somewhere in between.

If you have blueprints to share that would be great also, if not I can wing it. Just building a big box stand, nothing special. Thanks for the help.

·
Whatwake
1,555 Posts
Just pick-up some plexi-glass from home depot etc.. and cut it to the size you want. Build a frame around it ad some hinges, a rope to pull it up with and your good to go.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are both good suggestions. Plexi glass looks like the way to go, I have used it before for windows. I was picturing a window that was pre-built and I could frame it in. I have seen them before. Thanks for the help though, that's probably the route I will take.

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you cut thholes and frame them just below the cut out,you can use the cut piece for a window flap [with a couple of hinges and the use real glass for the window....Plexiglass will yellow and crack with age and cloud and scratch with cleaning...have th glass cutters round the corners and they will slide great..

Fishing For Tips said:
Those are both good suggestions. Plexi glass looks like the way to go, I have used it before for windows. I was picturing a window that was pre-built and I could frame it in. I have seen them before. Thanks for the help though, that's probably the route I will take.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts