2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
913 Posts
For jigging for snapper and amberjacks I'd get a couple of snapper slappers, some BIG curly plastic grub worms with 3-4 ounce glow in the dark jig heads. Also pick up a few diamond jigs for jigging. The 6/0 is a little heavy for jigging but it'd work. As long as you have the strenght to hold it. I can jig all day with a Penn International 30W.

Trolling: Rapala's in pink and black/silver. Moldcraft lures are good for trolling. I suppose some high speed jet heads for wahoo. A poster on the board here makes a nice looking wahoo lure. Chaos lures are pretty good as well. www.chaoslures.com

And sometimes nothing beats a good ol' ballyhoo trolled either with a skirt or skirtless.

That should give you a pretty good place to get started. Hope that helps.

Get Wild

Eric

· Registered
913 Posts
Those lures look alright. I wouldn't buy all of them though. The shape of a lure's head is as or most likely more important than its color. Fish are more attracted to the "noise" a lure makes than it's color in my opinion.

As far as quality goes, a 'cuda or wahoo can destroy the skirt on a $10 lure as easily as $100 lure.

Get Wild

Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.