2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Do it. Do it now!
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you guys might be interested in this website.

www.pixcontroller.com

I have been using video cameras to scout and have seen many interesting animals. Even BIG deer that no one had ever seen before. They have a way of knowing when your not there. Try corning fence crossings or your corn feeders. It's fun. Try it.

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
trail cams...

PR, Are you using 35mm or digitals? Which camera and pixcontroller are you using? :question:

·
Registered
138 Posts
It looks pretty cool, but I would have to have a housing for my video camera that I was sure was 100% water/weather proof before I strapped it to a tree by my stand.

·
Do it. Do it now!
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cameras?

I purchased two of the universal controller boards from PIX. One for a Sony camcorder using the LANC connector and the other was for a digital camera using the RSP chip. I found Olympus d-370 digital cameras on the net for less than $100. I also purchased two Pelican cases which are waterproof. This is kind of a test run for me so I will let you know how it goes. All the information you need is on the PIX website.

·
Do it. Do it now!
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Parts In and Building Camera

Finaly got my parts from Pix Controller and will build the trail cam this weekend, looks like I got about $175.00 invested so far including the digital camera.

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
fletch2000 said:
PR, Are you using 35mm or digitals? Which camera and pixcontroller are you using? :question:
Digital in Black and White. You don't have to use a white flash with B/W. Flash is infared. Doesn't spook the deer at all. It's called a PhotoSpy. Also, you can capture about 108 pics on a 32MB Compact Flash.

http://www.highlandersports.com/html/photospy.html

Example of Pics:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts