2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to possibly buddy boat with someone out of Galveston friday if the water/weather stay descent. looking at maybe 20-25 miles out, maybe 30 or so, nothing to extreme. This is gonna the be first time i've had the boat out that far. Have a 22' capecraft 150 yammie. It's Capt. doug old boat.Anyone interested? Thanks

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,211 Posts
where are you headed? we will beach launch off the west end of galveston friday AM about 5 and head south too va fogg. looks like it's going to be a good day. it's a 40 mile run for me. not sure if you can throw that boat in on the beach, but i hate dealing with all the people at the boat ramp. went out of the galveston channel last weekend about 25 miles east/southeast and all we could find were undersize snapper. found alot, caught about 100, just no size.at the days end,had 1 keeper snapper and 1 bullred. seen a few kings caught. seen 1 ling, but i guess he didn't like what i had too offer? guy's fishing next to me hooked him up and put him in the boat. he was about 25 lbs.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Hey guys, I might be interested in buddy-boating. I will be getting off of work at 5am and will rough it. (Galveston is closer, but Freeport provides deeper water with a better variety)

I will run about 40 miles out and if it's flat, Doug's boat may be okay. (Speak up Doug)
Bernard

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Kyle, That boat will be fine at 40. I've had it to 45 on a nice day and still had plenty of fuel when I got back. Went out Monday headed South East around 16 miles and had all the Kings you could want and then some! LoL!! There was a nice weed line forming at about 14 miles, should be better by now. Caught several Chickens off it and 4 Triple Tails. There were also quite a few Bar Jacks on it. If you want some live bait stop there on the way out and throw a Sabiki rig in there. Kyle hook up with Bernard he knows the ropes. Wish I could join ya'll but it's my turn for nights! LoL!! Only a few more nights left in my future then it's 4-10's till retirement!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, unforturently didnt make it out. Had some fmily problems come up at the last minute. and man it was a good day to go. Well maybe next time :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts