2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning everyone.

i am planning a overnight run to boomvang area 21/22. i would do the weekend thing with everyone else but i will have a brother in from virginia and he does'nt arrive here till sunday. I realy want to introduce him to the greatest sport there is and the weathwer looks like it may actualy cooperate. any way if anyone wants to team up and do the boomvang thing let me know.. tight lines to all..... jim

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
:cry: I want to go :cry: but I don't think either the doc or wife would be too happy with me:( expecially since my 1st followup after the surgery isn't til next wed.

Jim, I hope you get to propperly introduce your bro to Texas Fishing! In case you need to store some of the filets my freezer is available:)

·
1,249 Posts
Hey Johnboat it is ~20nm due south of Cervesa in ~3500' of water according to Hilton's Offshore Map.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
for me it is 6 hr ride

on the other hand it is 69.6 gal from galveston ......11 smokes......20 hot wings from Hooters and 5 beers and a hour and a half nap
no it is about 120nmi south of galveston on a heading around 168'
joker

·
Kamikaze
4,551 Posts
Hilton's offshore Real-time Navagator puts it at a heading of 173 dehrees and 116NM from Galveston south jetty

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k1902 said:
What part of VA. is your bro from? I am from Va Beach!
roanoke .. he is the director for the boys home there..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
newman said:
:cry: I want to go :cry: but I don't think either the doc or wife would be too happy with me:( expecially since my 1st followup after the surgery isn't til next wed.

Jim, I hope you get to propperly introduce your bro to Texas Fishing! In case you need to store some of the filets my freezer is available:)
get squared away first then we'll go out and stock your frezzer.. hope the surgery went well. i guess we will know next wed.. give us a post and let us know.. semper fi jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now is the time

Johnboat said:
I've heard of Boomvang often but I havent a clue where it is.
well now is the time to do more than just hear about it gas up the boat and get after it...... it is a nice easy run ....fish most of the way out.. and (god i hope i don't jinx this) the seas are looking like some of the best yet this year.. and it won't be long before we have to deal with the tropical depressions etc...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JOKERSWILD said:
on the other hand it is 69.6 gal from galveston ......11 smokes......20 hot wings from Hooters and 5 beers and a hour and a half nap
no it is about 120nmi south of galveston on a heading around 168'
joker
ok bigun.... you ve got the logistics down what time do you want to meet and are you bringing the beer or am i ??

·
Registered
746 Posts
OK, j.g looks like my deck hand is going to be back on Sun. So if I I could round up a crew then we might be interested in Buddy with you. How far from Freeport? Hold 230 gallons not sure if I would need to bring an extra 55 but can tell you for sure that I don't have the fuel to tow you 100 miles.......so better tune her up first.
George

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tall1fin said:
OK, j.g looks like my deck hand is going to be back on Sun. So if I I could round up a crew then we might be interested in Buddy with you. How far from Freeport? Hold 230 gallons not sure if I would need to bring an extra 55 but can tell you for sure that I don't have the fuel to tow you 100 miles.......so better tune her up first.
George
230 gallons will be plenty i carry 170 and it is enough but being the scardy cat i am i put on 60 extra gallons.. and i carry an extra of everything except the kitchen sink.. anything short of major internal failure is fixable i'll call you tomorrow

jim

·
Registered
858 Posts
Boomvang

Does anyone have any recent reports about the fishing around Boomvang/Nancen/Hoover? My data does not look favorable for that area right now, and I would like to get some reports from that area.
All the best,
Tom

·
Registered
579 Posts
Not super recent.

I fished Boomvang/Nansen last month. We did ok about typical for those platforms.

Going again this weekend but we are headed further East.

Earl

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tom Hilton said:
Does anyone have any recent reports about the fishing around Boomvang/Nancen/Hoover? My data does not look favorable for that area right now, and I would like to get some reports from that area.
All the best,
Tom
i was last out and fished nancen 2 months ago.... seems like a life time, so my results although good do not fall into the recent catagory.. gawd two months !! maybe thats why i've been kicking the dog. .....jim

·
1,249 Posts
j.g. said:
get squared away first then we'll go out and stock your frezzer.. hope the surgery went well. i guess we will know next wed.. give us a post and let us know.. semper fi jim
Thanks Jim! Will keep everyone updated;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts