2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I AM EASTSIDE
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I know you hunt out side of Sabina. we hunt in Knippa and was told by a farmer that the barasingha were protected and he has seen them close by. Have you seen any on you place?

Just checking...

manwitaplan

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Hey I know you hunt out side of Sabina. we hunt in Knippa and was told by a farmer that the barasingha were protected and he has seen them close by. Have you seen any on you place?

Just checking...

manwitaplan
Just got back from the deer woods. To be honest I've never even heard of a barasingha. I guess I need to know since it appears they are protected. The only exotics we have are axis and I've seen a small group of white fallow does that must have escaped from somewhere.

·
I AM EASTSIDE
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ya'll

Yeah the farmer said that they were federally protected. We got online and it looks like that they can be hunted on ranches for a big fat fee. He said that there was heard between knippa and the base of the hills (Concan). He said a few years ago they tried to rap them and brought a helicopter for any that escaped and the plan went wrong and now they are spread out. We saw one during dove season just walking down the road like no big deal.

Where can I get more information on these animals. I sure would hat to take some layin down pictures and have them developed at wallyworld and show up to meet the feds.

Thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.