2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to weigh-in for the Xtreme tournament on Saturday in Corpus we were running across the boat hole just north of the JFK causeway when we almost ran over what looked like a brush pile sticking up out of the water, until it started swimming away.... when we realized it was a six point buck lost in the middle of the bay. We're not real sure where he was coming from or where he was trying to get to, but he was a long way from any shoreline. We had to stop and get a couple pics!

Also, attached a couple pictures of my first fish of the morning in the xtreme redfish tournament saturday. She weighed a little over 8lbs and was about 29 inches. Fish came from Port Aransas/Rockport. That is a heck of fish for Port Aransas so of course she was released. Maybe I can catch another one that size in a trout tournament instead of on redfish tournament day!

Capt. Kyle Burges
www.KyleBurges.com
(361) 332-9228

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Cool picture of the buck and great trout. I have ran into incidents like that myself with a deer swimming across a big body of water.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Nice buck. Hope it made it to its destination. You ever swim with your toes n fingers spread ? lol

Nice pig for PA area.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Nice fish, well done on the CPR. You are a great example of the guys I meet on the tournament circuit. Thanks for your post.

chuck

·
Microskiff Mafia
1,848 Posts
Awesome fish man. A buddy of mine caught a fish like that one about 4 years ago near dagger and that was the biggest I'd seen for the area until now. Great job on the release. I'll be down in that area over thanksgiving, maybe I can catch her sister

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
If you had not posted pictures of that buck with things that I recognize I would not believe you. Still trying to figure out where he came from to get where he is.

thanks for releasing the big trout!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Now that's one cool pic. I've seen them swim channels and across the ditch but never the bay itself - must be a hot doe on the beach!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Awesome pics Kyle! That is unbelievable!! How cool. That is awesome that you were able to get pics. Nice trout too! Wow! You rock! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
DANG!

Man bet that was neat to see! Ernest and I are heading down Friday morning the day after Turkey day. Hopefully we will have the same luck.

Cool post!

:flag:

JOE

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Man! you think he made it to wherever he was going? from the pictures looked to be a looong way off from the shore.I've seen 200 plus lb hog swim across Mesquite bay several times and make it....looked like a trashcan swimming lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts