2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Boatright custom flats
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down to Bryan Beach this mornin'. Left the fishing poles at home and took the camera. I figured it was going to be blown out, and boy was it. Churned up, extremely rough, whitecaps and dirty water as far as you could see. There were a few guys at the MOB fishing in the river, but they weren't doing any good at all. No one was surf fishing on the beach side, way too rough for that. Fresh sargassum was rolling in and piling up on the beach. It's gonna take a while for conditions to get right again once this wind stops howling.

I snapped a couple of pics while I was out there. First pic is the ol' shrimp boat in the surf. Second pic is a couple of brave souls that ventured out of the Mouth of the Brazos. Definitely bad judgement to go out in these conditions. I saw a couple times where white caps were busting over their bow. But they kept motoring right along like it wasn't no thang, in fact, they kept going further out where it was worse! I've got tooooo much respect for mother nature to even attempt that! The MOB is the LAST place you wanna test your luck! The tides RIP through there, there are tons of sandbars and shallow spots and lots of unexpected breakers all over da place. Pics aren't that great cuz I was on 12x digital zoom, but you get the idea.

Attachments

· Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,452 Posts
I guess they don't figure their boat to be small craft! We'll probably be reading about them later today or tomorrow!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.