2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At our lease in Clay Co. we got about 10" of snow Christmas Eve then another 3" last Tuesday. It has remained cold up there and there is still 8" of snow on the ground. I hunted yesterday morning and it was 24 degrees. All ponds are mostly froze over in the mornings solid. It was 26 this morning, it warmed up! Ducks have headed South. I shot a 150# boar yesterday evening and that was pretty much it. Here is a hungry hunter hunting in the snow.

Attachments

·
Pirate Looking At 40
611 Posts
Great pic / its just a shame this global warming thing is starting to really kick in, lol....

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,569 Posts
Thanks. It's nice to see other places where folks hunt and how the weather is MUCH different than it is from where they hunt.

Appreciate it.

TH

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have hunted Montague and Clay County most of my life. It is amazing to me how much colder it is in the Red-River Valley than it is in Fort Worth just 120 miles South. If it is a low of 25 in Ft. Worth, it will be 15 on the Red River. And that area gets about 2 or 3 snow or ice storms a year that Ft. Worth doesn't get! It is kinda where a different climate starts. Many times I have left Ft. Worth to drive up to duck hunt and it will be 42 in Ft. Worth and I get there and the ponds are froze over just 2 hours North. Still I love to hunt up there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts