2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Reel Gambler
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well almost...kinda...sorta!LOL

We were'nt offshore, but it was a little spooky anyway!

I was fishing the Texas Oilman Tournament and had 6 solid trout on the stringer. I felt a strong jerk on the stinger....then a huge splash.....then about 5 or 6 feet worth of shark go racing past my left leg. The darn thing almost pulled me off my feet before I braced myself. It pulled two of my trout off, it didn't even leave the heads...they were GONE!

Needless to say the two guys fishing with me had one eye looking over their shoulder the rest of the day. When they caught fish they walked them back to the boat, so they wouldn't have them on their stringer! WHIMPS! LOL

P.S. I didn't break any more fiberglass this time!

·
Reel Gambler
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spoke with one of the guides when I was at the cleaning table Saturday and he said they had a shark in the same area eat the floating basket one day last week.

This was my second attack, the first was years ago on Mustang Island while fishing the surf. The fourth time I've seen it happen. So far all the people came out fine...except for a few new gray hairs!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.