2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one seen the new Devil with the eyes on em that are mfg by Brown Lures... I saw a ad for then in the new GCC magazine and they looked almost exactly like a Cork Devil and would probably be a killer bait... Just wondering if anyone has seen or used the ones with the eyes on em like a Corky.

Thanks,

SW

·
Registered
273 Posts
SW-- I'm glad you saw our ad. We originally were hoping to have them up on the website by last weekend but ran into a few setbacks. We just made several colors today and will post them soon, and I'll be sure to post some photos here just for the 2Cool group... I think you guys are really going to like them, the eyes stand out great and really add a lot of spice to the traditional soft plastic tails.

If you want to check some out just give me a call (1-877-460-4619) and I'll set you up. I'm not really supposed to sell them just yet but I guess I could make an exception since you posted about them

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Jason sent me 4 red/white with an order last week. Look really good. They are tied on for 1st throw this weekend.
Scott

·
Registered
273 Posts

Here's just a quick preview of our new Devil Eye's for you guys. Right now we are making 4 different color patterns including the Black w/ Red eye/tail shown here. The lure is very close in size to our large sea devil tail, quite a bit smaller than the Corky Devil. The idea is to take some of the same contrast/visibility that we already have with the Corky line and add that to the tails. You fish these bouncing along the bottom just like the rest of our tails with a lead head just like shown here.

One thing to note that is different-- the eyes are not painted on like the Corky but are actually applied to the lure. We had to hold off on releasing these for about a month longer than I wanted to just to make sure we can get them to stick on right. I heard/ read on this forum a lot of complaints about how the eyes on Storm's "Wild Eye" lures would just fall of so we didn't want to have that happen.

I'm working on loading these into our website right now so you should be able to check them out on there (www.BrownLures.com). Let me know what you guys think and all of you guys have a great weekend....I'm off to try and find some fish

JB

·
Registered
273 Posts
bslittle79 said:
jbrown,

What sizes will these come in?

Look good by the way!
Thanks bslittle. These are 4 1/2" long. We've been talking about adding another one in our "mullet" body style and maybe a larger of the devil but it all depends on what kind of feedback we get on this first group

·
Registered
273 Posts
My dad and I caught some trout in the surf down by san luis pass this morning. We were using the black/red pattern above and then later moved over to the green/red pattern. With the surf being as green as it has lately both of these lures really stand out great in the water, and I was impressed with the durability. I went through a couple of nice specs and a bunch of bites from sandies all on one lure. I'll post the pics once I get them scanned into here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.