2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do yall feel about shooting deer that dont have any brow tines?
Say a "slick" 6? The guys on my lease say if they dont have any brow tines shoot him. What are your thoughts?

·
Make America Great Again!!!
2,173 Posts
I'd say shoot him as well IF he's legal (over 13" in our county).

·
Registered
461 Posts
That's what we do also. We have to many pictures of the same bucks year to year and if they don't have dog catchers they usually never will.

·
I am haunted by still waters.
1,665 Posts
Short brows(3-4" or less) and no brows is an automatic dirt nap per our management stipulations.

·
Registered
471 Posts
HillCountry Hunter,
There was a very good link given on the "spikes" thread.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_rp_w7000_0827.pdf

Take the time to read it. There's a huge amount of info there but there is very good discussion / research re: brow tines. The research done at Kerr WMA is World Class. Do yourself a favor... take advantage of that knowledge, esp. when it's free. :cheers:

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,213 Posts
While you are at it don't forget to take all crab claws also!!

·
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.
20,198 Posts
I agree with the idea, but I always find myself wondering just how many deer have taken said dirt nap because they broke off their 6" brow tines....

·
Fun Ain't Cheap
3,423 Posts
When we bought our ranch we had the no brow tine trait, after high fence we are getting the trait reduced, we shoot every 2 1/2 deer with no brows or one brow, this year I have seen two, have taken one and still looking for the other, my advice they are bad for your herd unless of course you like deer with no brows?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts