2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No, not the purple gay kind!
1,810 Posts
I have my mom's recipe at home (I am at work right now). I think it uses Cheese Wiz. Does that sound like what you are thinking of? I'll post it tonight.

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Start off with boiling your rice and steaming some broccoli. Then make your cheese sauce, 1/4 C Butter w/ 1/4 c Flour and 1 Tsp Salt, Make a Roux, Add 1-1/2 cup of Milk, Stir until boiling and well mixed, starting to thicken, Gradually add 1-1/2 cups of shredded chedder until melted completely w/ no lumps. Combine Rice, Broccoli and Cheese sauce in a baking pan, cover with additional Shredded Chedder and back in oven at 350 until cheese is melted.

I like it w/ 3 cups cooked rice, 3 cups cheese sauce and 3 cups cooked broccoli

·
No, not the purple gay kind!
1,810 Posts
Broccoli Casserole

1 pkg frozen broccoli (16 oz)
1 small jar cheese whiz
1/3 cup of margarine or butter (softened)
1 cup uncooked rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Cook broccoli until soft, drain.
Cook rice - set until fluffy.
Mix all ingredients together and bake @ 350* for 30 minutes.

Not in the recipe I have, but remember that we used to crush and add a butter cracker (Ritz) to the top. I would do this about 10 min before it is done if you wanted to add the topping.

·
Registered
597 Posts
My mother used mexican velveeta and cream of mushroom soup. It' really good and a lot easier than making a lot of stuf from scratch. You can use fresh or frozen brocolli. Just cook the rice, cool the brocolli but not to mush, melt the velveeta in a pyrex dish in the microwave, mix the broccoli, rice, mushroom soup and melted chees together and pour into a casserole dish. Place in a 400 degree oven until the top starts to brown, remove and serve.

You'll need to figure the brocolli and rice amounts to fit the number of servings you need. Usually one bunch or one bag of broccolli to 2 cups od minute rice ore one cup of regular rice and a one pound box of velveeta.

Good luck and good eating, jdot

·
Banned
2,395 Posts
2 cups uncooked rice (then cook it)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 stick butter
2 LARGE jars of cheese whiz
2 cans of roasted garlic mushroom soup
1 can of cream of chicken with herbs
1/2 cup Mexican Crema(Mexican Table Cream)
1 LARGE bunch of fresh Broccoli(use two if bunches are small)

Cook rice and set aside. Steam Broccoli and set aside. Mix rice and broccoli in a large bowl. Saute vegetables and butter until soft. Add the cheese whiz and soups in the skillet with sauteed vegetables on low heat until cheese is melted and all is well blended. Add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of Crema to cheese mixture. Pour cheese mixture over rice and broccoli mix and blend well. Season to taste with Nature's seasoning and Louisiana Gold Green sauce . Add fresh chopped jalapenos if you like HOT. This can all be made ahead of time and place in a gallon freezer bag in the refrig. Bring to room temperature before baking. Bake at 350F until hot and bubbly and lightly browned on top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts