2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at randall's(gessner and westheimer.) i got $38 worth of meat(14+ lbs) for $22 and a nice rack of beef ribs for $5! hook'em horns and go 'stros!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Cut?

This is the untrimmed in the bulk bag, correct?

We are going tomorrow morning to pick up a couple of fryers to smoke this weekend - probably brisket too now!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
untrimmed is correct.

what's a fryer? whole chicken? how do you do 'em? i smoked two last weekend with a chicken rub in a foil broiling pan and covered them after about 45 min with foil. came out pretty good.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Get a beer, take a sip out of it, and plug it in the chicken. Stand the sucker up on the grill, and in about 2 hours, the beer has mostly evaporated, and you got some good bird!

PS
You can continue to drink beer and throw washer while the yard bird is cookin.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fryers

Yup - whole chickens - usually smaller ones.

I usually don't put any rub on. Just clean them up good and throw them on the lowest rack.

Try smoking turkeys for Thanksgiving! Super freaking good! We did two last year and they took about 8-9 hours.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for birds, is there a time per lb like the 1 hr per lb for brisket??

·
"Bring me a menu and a bucket........"
2,347 Posts
The best way to know when the bird is done is to pull the drumstick away from the body of the yardbird. When the joint of the bone that connects the leg to bird comes apart you are ready to eat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts