2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys Iam sure you all already know but starting Friday night thru Sunday noaa is saying seas will be 2' or less offshore. I am wanting to make one last run before the cobia go home. Does anyone know the status of lunching at Bridgebait or somewhere close to the vacinity that I can use this weekend? I am sure with all the floating trash as long as Iam careful I can pick up some good fish!!!! Any help would be appreciated!

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Last I heard, you would not be allowed to enter the Gulf of Mexico until further notice.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
RC's Mom said:
Last I heard, you would not be allowed to enter the Gulf of Mexico until further notice.
Where did you hear this? I've never heard anyone ban entrance into the Gulf.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Bridge bait ramps are closed until further notice,

the ramp behind the Community house in freeport is fine. and open as far as i know.

i havent heard anything about not being allowed to enter the gulf , we have been fishing and no one has stopped us , two of my boats are out fishing today.

there has been some debris, but not too bad, i have seen it worse when the rivers flood. just be carefull

dont expect to find bait down here. bring it with you,, i do know that Capt. Marks Seafood was able to save there bait, and were supose to be moving it back to the store yesterday, hopefully they will be open foer business before the week end.

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
That was a few days after the storm. I did not say it was closed, just that you wouldn't be allowed to enter (pleasure crafts). There are a number of people missing and I think that was the concern. You may not have a problem now, since it has been 12 days. I have not heard anything else one way or another which is why I said "last I heard". By what Mike said, doesn't look like there is a problem now.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I talked to Captain Mike Jennings and he gave me some good info and told me where I can lauch so I am headed out Saturday maybe about 35 miles! Thanks Captain Mike!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I work in freeport, about 5 blocks from the community house, the ramp here looks good and i have not heard any problems about it , also mitchells is open as well. for bait. the surf today got rough.....it might be a little bumpy..good luck. wish i could go too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
how bout the ramp under the big brige in freeport, i don't know the name of it , does any one know what ramp i'm talking about , can i use this ramp, i don't know any other ramp to use, new here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
THAT IS BRIDGE BAIT AND I THINK IT IS CLOSED
s2kteg said:
how bout the ramp under the big brige in freeport, i don't know the name of it , does any one know what ramp i'm talking about , can i use this ramp, i don't know any other ramp to use, new here.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Danny T said:
THAT IS BRIDGE BAIT AND I THINK IT IS CLOSED
you are correct Danny'

went by bridge bait yesterday,and visited with the owners for a wile... the place is comming allong well, its getting complete face lift, and they had equiptment on the docks working on a new bulk head. i was impressed with what they have accomplished in such a short time. they are working hard to get the place ready for business.

i will take a few pictures this weekend, and keep everyone posted on the progress,

but as of right now the store , docks , and the ramps are closed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fishing

We were out yesterday and spoke with the coast guard. They never mentioned anything about not boating nor payed any attention to us.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Community House Ramp?

surfsideperson said:
I work in freeport, about 5 blocks from the community house, the ramp here looks good and i have not heard any problems about it , also mitchells is open as well. for bait. the surf today got rough.....it might be a little bumpy..good luck. wish i could go too.
Where is Community House ramp located?

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
I will get ahold of the owners and will make a post if Bridge Bait is open or not!!!
Sorry Mike I missed your post.

·
Has been known to backlash toilet paper.
1,650 Posts
Mike Jennings said:
you are correct Danny'

went by bridge bait yesterday,and visited with the owners for a wile... the place is comming allong well, its getting complete face lift, and they had equiptment on the docks working on a new bulk head. i was impressed with what they have accomplished in such a short time. they are working hard to get the place ready for business.

i will take a few pictures this weekend, and keep everyone posted on the progress,

but as of right now the store , docks , and the ramps are closed.
Thanks! I go there just about every time I go to the surf. Do they sell ice? I have always bought that on the way at BucEES but would prefer to pay more at a small outfit of friendly folks like Bridge Bait.

I used to fish at the cell tower for the most part. Can I drive the mini van down there now?

I had been not going so far out of respect for folks' losses. It just didn't seem right to be enjoying myself in the surf while they work their butts off in a funk.

That said, it is good to do business there to get money flowing in the city again.

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
TheAnt said:
Thanks! I go there just about every time I go to the surf. Do they sell ice? I have always bought that on the way at BucEES but would prefer to pay more at a small outfit of friendly folks like Bridge Bait.

I used to fish at the cell tower for the most part. Can I drive the mini van down there now?

I had been not going so far out of respect for folks' losses. It just didn't seem right to be enjoying myself in the surf while they work their butts off in a funk.

That said, it is good to do business there to get money flowing in the city again.
Yes, they sell ice. You can't enter the area unless you live there. We talked with Jack and Valerie today and they plan to be open by next weekend, if possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts