2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Hodgeman

The Hodgeman Wadelite II waders are well worth the money. I've used them 3 years with one minor leak that I fixed with no problem. They have nice features (pockets, draw strings, etc), and are very comfortable. I even wear them in the winter with long-johns underneath, and they're plenty warm.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
bacteria

I wouldn't worry about that bacteria unless you have recently been ill or have liver or immune system problems. Looks like every guy that got it was either a heavy drinker, just been ill with flu or something major, or had liver problems (one guy even had a liver transplant). The bacteria won't just attack you for no reason. It's the bacteria that breaks down dead things in the water, so if you get it, you have some major bodily problems in the first place.

Now, as for wading in the summer with breatheables, they work fine, but you must wash the inside of the booties real good and let them dry, or they'll get really stinky from the sweat. I have started to wear socks inside mine, and it helps out a bunch on the sweaty mess. Keeps your feet dry, too.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
I'm no expert

That's probably based on opinion, b/c some people handle it better than others, but eventually your liver will tell you.

I usually have anywhere from 1 to 6 beers per day, but probably average only 1 or 2 per day. I like a glass of red wine with my meals, too, instead of beer sometimes. IMHO, if you average 3 or 4 drinks per evening, that's too much, based on liver damage. I'm not against getting a buzz at all.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
No

I don't ever wear them once the water reaches 75 degrees or more. I wear scrub pants, tho, usually. I don't like jellyfish, so the pants and waders help.

I also sometimes wade real deep (I'm 6'5"), and waders limit how deep you can go without filling them up.

I mainly use mine in the late Fall, Winter, and early Spring when the water is 70-50 degrees. I also use them for duck and goose hunting. They work great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.