2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ice tea and beans
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some, that have a leak. Anyone have anysuggestions on patching? Anyone ever have to do this?

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Depends on the tear. I made a "L" shape tear in mine about a 1/2" each way and used some goop I bought at academy to patch it. Kind of like silicon. Has been working fine since then. Not sure how long it will last though. Pretty easy to "patch" up that way.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's.....

just pin holes......I wore them this past Friday, wading in front of big boggy....was worried about the bacteria scare, so broke them out....maybe had half a cup of water at the end of a four hour wade......

only caught two keepers.......but the positive was both of them were over 20"

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
No problem then with the goop. You put some on the inside of the waders on the pin holes, let dry, then put some on the outside of waders on the pin holes, and let dry. Anything over 20" is a nice fish.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sould be.......

kenny said:
A half cup, probably sweat! lol
but I didn't partake of any adult beverages the night before, and my shirt was relatively dry........

·
Registered
10,843 Posts

They aren't breathable underwater so I agree they ought to call 'em light weight waders.
I have some Simms I've had for four years with no problem. I wear them all winter with layers of fleece depending on the temp.
It would have to be super cold to get me back in my neoprenes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.