2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim O. and I hit the marsh after work today. Had a few hours till dark so we decided to make a short trip with Tim's new ride. He's still braking in his new home build skiff and I thought I'd help him put some slim on the deck.

Well Tim didn't need any help as he pulled in 3 reds ranging from a little under 28" to a little under 8". And one stinkin' dink marsh trout. He caught'em all 30 minutes till dark on Norton Bull Minnows. While I was blind casting a fly and taking pictures of Tim's catch.

Nothing like finding another good Black Dot spot...

Attachments

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Nice going, Tim ... good to see that boat with some fish in her. Thanks for the pics, Brian.

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
Thanks for the pics B. I finally had to take someone with me so I could prove that this boat catches fish. LOL

I'm glad you made the call to check out that "new spot". Maybe next time I'll let you throw over where the fish are. 8)

Thanks for going with me,
Tim

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
Well congrats , ya know boyzzz and dere Toyzzz .. lol,, Solid Dudes !! Where was the flippin Dolphins

·
I am haunted by still waters.
1,660 Posts
Looking good fellas.

Nice fish.

Did Brad catch those for ya'll and give them to you for a photo op?

Floor looks good with the "gut added" character. Nice.

GCB

·
1,643 Posts
Thanks.

The boat is of my own creation, sort of. I built it myself from some plans. I changed the plans substantially though. See this thread here for the full story, lots of pics too.

http://209.190.4.227/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8528

Tim

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Just read your thread from "front to back"

Good looking skiff. You and Dargle John are "the man". LOL If I get off my dead but and on my dieing feet, I am gonna build one. I plan on "insetting" the motor about 16", so there are kinda sponsons, behind the motor to offset any rear end "squat" on the hole shot. Great Job!

Later
R3F

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice job.Glad you stuck with it.Did you ever wonder what did I start all this for?

It's always nice when you can say I did it myself.Hand it down to one of your kids. Good job

·
1,643 Posts
Red3Fish said:
I plan on "insetting" the motor about 16", so there are kinda sponsons, behind the motor...
They designed sponsons into this hull: http://boatplans-online.com/proddetail.php?prod=PH15

I've got those plans here at the house too, and thought I might build it. Probably won't though. I really want to build the PH-22, but don't have the room to...right now.

WilliamH,
I put a CMC t/n/t unit on it that is also a manual jackplate. It works well, but I'm still trying to work out the prop. Putting cup in and trying different ones you know.

haparks,
Actually, it doesn't take a lot of skill to build a boat in the stich-and-glue method. This method is very forgiving and actually lends itself to gaps between the panels when fastening them together. The "hardest" and most tedious part is sanding. Since I went with a dull, camo finish I was able to hide a lot of things I would have otherwise wanted to sand to perfection.

texasrhino,
I never really lost site of the end. However, after Rita blew threw town I thought I was never going to get finished with it. I didn't work for about 4 months or better on it while doing other projects.

Thanks for all the compliments. Can't wait to get back out there one afternoon this week.

Take care,
Tim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts