2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good for trout at night? Assuming water isn't fresh etc........ Figure I can set up lights and generator.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm about 1 mile north of 521 and the San Bernard is a chocolate milk mess. I tried catching some cold catfish, but nothing doing. Too fresh and too much debris in the water. Try somewhere else.

RF

·
Banned
1,349 Posts
try the old river..........set up last tuesday and caught a few trout, no keepers though and saw some reds in the lights but didn't want any plastics

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm about 1 mile north of 521 and the San Bernard is a chocolate milk mess. I tried catching some cold catfish, but nothing doing. Too fresh and too much debris in the water. Try somewhere else.

RF
Is worth fishing at night with lights and generator when its not chocolate milk and if you are chasing trout and reds?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I think that it is great for trout at night depending on where you set up. You need to setup somehwere next to a deep (5-6 ft) dropoff. However, I have had great success there. Good luck.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
2004 (chruch hill dock)....Set up your light and i have known people to catch a variety of fish

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
went over both yesterday and both looked lke a choc. milkshake, caney creek was the same and fresh on top,

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, with all this rain, it's going to be 6 weeks before the rivers clear up at 2004, assuming we don't get any more 2-3 inch rains up north.

The Old Brazos is an excellent suggestion.

RF

·
FISHERMAN
710 Posts
FM 2004 does not cross the San Bernard the bridge at Church Hill is FM 2611. Both rivers are chocolate now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts