2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whos going to win?
I say that Braves take it in 5. What about you guys?
Think about it, Braves (my life-long team) have swept the Stros last meeting in the playoffs. The Braves are one of the BEST slugging team in baseball next to Card's. We have the best centerfielder in baseball, best shortstop in the NL, and after the allstar break, we have had the best pitchers in baseball (14-0) the month after the break).
Now seriously, give an honest prediction.

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Stros In Four!

Hottest team in baseball going down the stretch. The Rocket, Ozzie & Lidge. Get a body bag!

Go Stros!

·
Back in da Saddle
10,153 Posts
Hopper you consider looking at the win lose records of all the teams they beat to claim the prestious Wild card slot!!!

Braves in 4!!!!

John

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
Stros are 1-9 in playoffs against the Braves - it'll be the Braves in 5, but the Stros will put on a good show.

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,427 Posts
The Braves don't have the same quality pitching that they did three years ago, but they are still good. Also, the Astros pitching has a catalyst, Roger Clemens, that they have never had. Along with Roy O. They are also a little bit less of a station-to-station team with the addition of Beltran. Stolen bases are going to be huge in this series. One of the things that got the Astros into the playoffs was stealing bases and then timely base hits driving them in. The hit and run could be important as well. The biggest chore for the Astros will be to shut down the running game and keep guys like Furcal and Giles off the basepaths and making sure they don't take extra bases, such as making a double a triple or turning a long single into a double. The regular season series was tied 3-3, with all but one game being decided by one run. The one game that wasn't, was a 2-run game. I expect much of the same in this series. The red-hot Astros win the series in five.

I do, however, have to take issue with the statement that Andruw Jones is the best center fielder in baseball. At one time, that may have been true. But not any more. There are plenty of guys who are just as good defensively, such as Jim Edmonds, Carlos Beltran, Torii Hunter (did you see that catch last night?). But offensively, Andruw Jones has fallen off in the last couple years. He has a .261 average this year. I know Beltran's isn't much higher, but he had 42 stolen bases to Jones' 6. He's still a good center fielder, but he's not the best in baseball by a long shot.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
We are in Houston, right?

Go Astros! We all know the Braves have handed it to them many times in the past.....but come on!

Go Stros!

·
Registered
551 Posts
my gut instinct

My gut instinct says that Backe will be pitching to earn a sweep on Saturday. But I'm going to give you naysayers the benefit of the doubt and say Astros in four.

Some might say that anyone who has negative things to say about the Astros today could never be satisfied. Even if they won the series. Some. But not me, as far as you know.

·
Registered
781 Posts
'Stros in four!

...maybe even three.

Atlanta's prize SS might be going to jail this afternoon. LOL

Go Astros!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Astros in 4, but who might be going to jail this afternoon did something happen???

·
"Bring me a menu and a bucket........"
2,347 Posts
The Braves SS had been arrested for DUI. He then went on to break his probation. He saw the judge yesterday and was told he could play in the postseason, but is under somewhat of house arrest/hotel arrest when he is not playing.

Even if he can play he sure has other matters on his mind as well as the playoffs.

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
3:00 pm

It sux the game is at 3:00 p.m. to day when everybody is still at work!

I noticed they have the games spread out 3 hours apart.

MEGABITE

·
Registered
781 Posts
Radio or TV

MEGABITE said:
It sux the game is at 3:00 p.m. to day when everybody is still at work!

I noticed they have the games spread out 3 hours apart.

MEGABITE
We're gonna tune the office radio to listen over the intercom system at gametime. I'm not going to be able to leave early, but I don't see myself getting much done once the game starts.

'Stros in Three!!!!!!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Well, Im ready.

I dont follow BB much, but Im here for my homeys. Got my cool ones ready, some munchies, BRING IT!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Stros..

I think the astros will take it in 4. I think the astros will have a hiccup in one of the two in Atlanta, and then finish it off at Minute Maid. The Braves might have the Astros number in years past, but its not the same stros. The astros have more weapons than the Braves, do and I would take Clemens and Oswalt over a beat up Braves pitching. Chipper is also not 100 percent. The key to the series is going to be who out of Lidge and Smoltz gets a save opp. Not going to be any blown saves in this one... just my thought tho

·
Charter Member
5,938 Posts
If the Astros can sweep the Cards twice, they can take out a few days to thump the Braves. That thumping started today! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts