2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Wrong place. Wrong time. Booze.

A crime many of us have been guilty of over the course of our youth. Tell the lynch mob to unsaddle their horses.

·
Salty Dawg
7,701 Posts
Nothing like a little bar fight to show some spirit. I wouldn't do it today by any means but it sure was fun back in the day.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I met some of my best friends after and during a good bar fight. Awwwwwwww the good old days.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Backe had a pretty good weekend then cause Friday night he was having some cold ones at Vitos.

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the guy, I hated to see him have the season he did. But that's baseball. Everyone's allowed a few mistakes in life.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Have you played Pro Ball????

Yeah, he might have had a bad season, buttttttt.....

How many of you who are yelling about how bad he is have ever made it to the BIGS??????? :confused:

I know I didn't!! :cry:

Supergas

·
not all pain is gain
286 Posts
i guess things in Galveston are at least turning back towards normal if underage drinking @ an upscale hotel bar is the biggest problem.

As for Backe...being a hometown boy and all, he should have known how it would end up.

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Supergas said:

How many of you who are yelling about how bad he is have ever made it to the BIGS??????? :confused:

Supergas
True, takes a lot of work to make it that far, he pitched a great game in the world series too, as well as the NLCS. Give the guy some slack, what i want to know is what the FEMA director was doing!

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
I hear that Supergas!

Let he who lives without sin be the one to cast the first stone!

It's hard enough to make the BIG SHOW, but to make it as a position player then change to pitching? Come on, I think that is tougher than the other way around, see Rick Ankiel of the Cardinals. Either way, these guys are talented athletes for sure and just making it is a tribute to their determination and skill.

Besides, Backe pitched in some pretty big games since coming to the Astros and performed very well in my opinion. To say he sucks is just plain ignorant! He is a fierce competitor and I like that in a player! I was at this game and he picthed his arse off for this city! I also witnessed the best game ending double play ever! Bruntlett/Everette/Berkman!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051016&content_id=1252209&vkey=printer_friendly&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Supergas said:

Supergas

·
Registered
412 Posts
Backe will be GONE!

Nothing to do with his fight this weekend but, he has sucked for the last couple of years and can't control his emotions on the mound. While it is great for a player to have passion, Backe loses it if he gets what he thinks is bad call or gets hit. After that he becomes ineffective and wild.

This weekend will be a perfect excuse for the Astos to unload a crappy pitcher.

·
would rather be on the water
1,863 Posts
I played against him in high school and he was a good pitcher then so this story about just converting to a pitcher once he got in the minors is not true.....he basically to me looks like the same exact pitcher he was in high school except instead of 89-90 he was 93-94.....he has always been cocky but got worse after that one year...think he let it get to his head, didnt stay humble and grounded.....and if anyone asks, you can tell them 4x4tx struck him out to end his high school career in the playoffs...haha

1 - 20 of 75 Posts