2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This poor guy stepped out this morning. Nice animal, however he has a mild problem with his huevos. What are his chances of survival?

Attachments

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts
Yikes, that doesn't look good.
I believe this is caused by a hernia and the intestines start to drop down. Not a scenario he can recover from.

Great looking buck, probably nothing wrong with his meat unless his situation worsens (e.g. infection, rupture)

·
Registered
273 Posts
here's a picture of the one my dad got a couple of years ago, he had made it for several years before being shot the biologest said he thought it was a hernia too

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here's a picture of the one my dad got a couple of years ago,
Wow, that is crazy. What ended up being the cause? Currently sitting in the same spot this afternoon with my youngest brother to re-evaluate the deer if he steps out again. (BTW got to love iPhones)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
0% chance of surviving if he stepped out in front of me - with or without a hernia!!

Well maybe a 5% chance, I guess I could miss.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow, that is crazy. What ended up being the cause? Currently sitting in the same spot this afternoon with my youngest brother to re-evaluate the deer if he steps out again. (BTW got to love iPhones)
This deer was on a high fence ranch. They had been watching him for a couple years and every year it keep on getting bigger till they decided to go ahead and take him out, the other bucks keep running him off. If he were on a low fence ranch dont know if he could have ever made it over any fences, My advice would be to take him out it will just get worse for him as time goes on with the problem.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was in fact a hernia. He did step out and we decided to take him. Heck of an animal. He ended up taping out at 162 7/8 - beams were a little longer than expected.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
that's what you get for not letting them pee in the pasture.. he's full up. :)

wow, 162.. awesome!!! I would have thought possibly a thorn or snake bite.. hernia.. interesting.

and now how in the heck are able to get out hunting so much with a little one? huh, huh? LOL

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
The intestine drops down through the canal where the testicles drop during puberty. Same thing can happen to human males. Not sure if that is the exact problem but looks pretty likely.

Edit: Sorry missed the confirmation post.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts