2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a ranch about a quarter mile from the river and we decided to take a little four day vacation there this past week. He has never bowfished before and I have limited experience but we have both seen the numbers of carp and gar that it holds so I got him rigged up and away we went. It was awesome the weather was perfect no humidity the water was clear. We shot about twenty carp and about 10 or so gar. Most of the river bank on either side is private but a landowner who they have bought some cattle from before owns about 250 acres on the river so access was not a problem and with any luck this comming up duck season we will have us a spot on the river. I have heard that it is full of ducks. There is a big pool about six foot deep, thirty foot wide and probably 75 to 100 foot long that looks like it is going to be the ticket. Sorry I dont have any pictures yet. As soon as he sends them to me I will try and post a couple.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.