2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the oldest two boys deer hunting a few mornings ago. Put them in a couple of blinds to kill a deer or some hogs. Balmy 60 degrees with a light SE wind. Perfect setup for me to sit in one of my tripods with my bow. Boys were rifle hunting and figured I'd be cleaning plenty of animals for them with their killer instincts....lol. Thought I'd sit for a while and see what was coming in...maybe whack one of those infernal corn eradicating hogs that I had been seeing on my game cam. Had a couple of bucks come in early and hang out on the corn pile....one of them a 4 yr old 8 that I wanted to smack as a mgmt deer. Might of scored 80" ... just never would cooperate to get the shot off. Both bucks finally decided to ease out about 7:45 and shortly thereafter I hear "Blam". Look at the phone and I have a message from my 12 yr old .... "Got one". Since no critters were hanging around I told him that I would be there in alittle bit to pick him up but wanted to sit alittle longer. About 10 minutes later I hear the sound of leaves crackling turn slowly and here comes an ol slickhead .... she doesn't even make it to the feeder when she starts doing the goofy "here comes a buck" dance. Getting pumped up .... there he is .... darnit.....2 yr old 8. Oh well ... but it still had me pumped. Both made it to the feeder and camped ... eased the phone out ... 8:15.... 12 yr old wanting to be picked up ... just a few more minutes...... all of a sudden both deer threw their heads up and looked back to my left .... hmmmmm ..... then all I see are tines and big body coming through the persimmons and oaks ...... HOLY MOLY!!!! Big boy goes straight to the feeder like he owns it and goes to chowin .... ooops .... wrong thing to do .... well enough blabbering here are the end results.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks folks good times with the kids .... I'll have to post Bailee's mgmt buck later. Getting ready to head to Tilden for 9 days of guiding. Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year if I'm not back online by then.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts