2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
YIPE's , 28' sea's @ 14 sec intravels

Hope nobody planned on fishing the chanderler isl. any time soon. They be under water.

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
38.4 with 17 seconds.........should work fine for your boat Capt. Doug, if it's not too choppy. Man those are big wave but 17 seconds seems pretty far apart. I guess if it's crest to crest, it would be a roller coaster ride from heck.

·
(Not even captain of my own destiny)
535 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Is it just me or does that loop that Capt. Academy posted make it look like Ivan may be strengthening again? Seems there is a lot more red in the Northwest and West quadrants towards the end of the radar loop. It WAS slowly losing strength. I hope that trend continues and not the opposite.

·
(Not even captain of my own destiny)
535 Posts
Same thing I was thinking

It's supposedly over a warm water eddy now (Gulf Stream)
Eye is openeing up too...
Don't know whats goin on, but this is the most current thing I can find....

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
I had heard that it may strengthen before making land fall and that's what it looks like is happening. The eye was breaking up, which is one of the signs that it was losing strength. Now that it is apparently over a warm water eddy, it looks like it is starting to strengthen, as evidenced by the eye wall being more well defined.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just got news from my
sister in Dothan,Al. and kids got out alittle bit ago and rain is sure coming down they have gotten some wind today but, she said it is real quite around there.
Uncle in Fairhope near mobile- Says tide is up but, he is a old pro at this stuff and he says they aren't getting alot yet. But, waiting it out. Just rain. He has a Pro built Hurricame shelter with airtight door cool!...
Daddy is elderly- in Foley,Al. 9 miles north of gulf shores and they evacuated last night .. Said 10 was a real mess going both ways.
Thanks for posting the bouy gives me something to watch..
Lynn

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
According to track chart the eye wall passed with in a few miles of the bouy.
Check out the wind speed and pressure .

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.