2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife, my foreman and I went to the bolivar pocket this morning using topwater and norton sand eel jrs. We ended up doing good on trout just could not get very many keepers. We caught 23 trout (6 keepers) 2 reds (2 keepers)one was 31 inches. We were waiting on some friends and only fished from sunrise to 8:30am. Once the others showed up we ran offshore and caught 6 red snapper (17-20inches), 5 Ling (2 keepers), 1 king. We did not expect to catch snapper on artificial, but we did. This trip offshore was the first time I did not have any bait to throw for snapper,ling,king. I caught one of the ling under a small weedline using about a 7-8in tsunami topwater lure. I have been wondering if a ling would hit a topwater lure, well now I know. Talk about an explosion. The ling I caught on top was 41 in. at 20lbs, not a huge one but it is the one I will remember for a long time. The other boat with us had three people in their boat and limited on snapper using squid. Thanks for reading and be safe on the water. Tommy261

calm weather but I had a rough day (notice my shirt sleeve ripped)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rigs

We went out about 15 - 18 miles east of the north/south jetty. The water was not as clear as usual but once you get out there, all you can do is try it.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Sweet...it's about that time of year when a tunnel hull becomes a rig demon! I cannot wait!

·
Mid-Life Crisis in the Works
1,306 Posts
Ok...Whats the story behind the ripped sleave. Hopefully it did not get into your arm.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ripped sleeve

I had walked around the center console while fighting a ling and hung my shirt on a topwater lure. I thought the ling was going to break me off on the motor. I just got into a big hurry and it ripped my shirt. It wasnt as bad at first, it just kept running down the sleeve. tommy261

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice double header- bay & offsore......bet you slept well that night!

I'm heading offshore Sunday morning - probably head south 12 - 15 mile rigs then circle back around east over toward where you were.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts