2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Saturday morning about 8am, seas were a little sloppy(2-3' tight), stopped at a couple of rigs on the way out, but no grouper(only AJ's). There were a lot of boats(I assume they were fishing the tournament).Got to Boomvang about 3pm, and had it to ourselves. We slow trolled live baits till dark and nothing. We had 1 small rain shower over head that lasted about 30 minutes.
We had a couple of YFT lost at the boat, but only put 2 in the box 2, plus several BFT. IMO the action was slow, except for catching bait. Poppers were working better than chummming or the jigs, even thought very little surface action.
About 3am the wind really picked up, along with the seas(I estimate 4-5', sometimes you could not see over the waves when in the trough). We trolled again at daylight for a couple of hours, then headed in. It was a wet ride home in those windy conditions.
Had a good crew(4), and only 1 guy got a little sick, but never complained. I even got a little weazy about 4am, but took a dramine and 30 minutes later, all ok.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
bpfishing,
Thanks for the report. We may be going there tomorrow and needed a report. I fished Thursday at Sunrise with little to show and it sounds like the POCO was reeel slow as well. May have to rethink the trip.
So you brought in two YF and some Blackfin. Did any of the Aj's keep and did you find any Snapper or other?

·
Registered
197 Posts
bp- I was out there Tues- Thurs. on a 60 hr head boat trip. The Tuna must not be turned on because my report is similar to yours. Boomvang yielded some topwater fish on yumee flying fish lures. Nansen held lots of BF and if you caught a live flying fish were sure to hook up with a good fish. The Tuna only wanted flying fish though, would not hardly touch anything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts