2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left friday from port a. Arrived at Boomvang at midnight. Lots of blackfin. No yellowfin. Trolled in the AM with zero strikes. Buddy trolled from 7 am to 3 pm without a strike.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
Nice! I don't mind a boat load of BF. They are fun to catch, and eat pretty good. YF have been few and far between. I'll settle for their cousin.

Really suprised you guys didn't get any Wahoo trolling that long.

Thanks for the report!

Brandon

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
treble damage said:
Blackfin were all over the surface for several hours. Could have taken about as many as you wanted.
Mmmm...yep... Seems like someone could make some cash selling off all those tasty blackfin... LOL

·
Registered
176 Posts
Blackfin served fresh with some wasabi and ginger at the rigs----Priceless!!! Glad to hear tha the blackies showed up and made the trip exciting. Our last trip out we could not keep the cuda's off the topwaters. The cuda's meant lost lures and frustration. I can not wait until the next trip out.

Maybe the next trip, you will see the yellows and the Hoos.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been told that there are yft at Diana. I didn't go there b/c I wanted to hit Tequilla, Cerveza, etc. and didn't have the fuel to get from Diana there and home.

Might hit it at the end of the month, however.

Boats at Poco said they got nada on billfish or tuna trolling Diana.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
YFTs are out there. Running 25-60 Lbs. They are constantly on the move so you got to hunt them down. The bigger ones are not too far behind. Drshark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts