2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Member - Uncle John's Band
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they are all bundled up for a cold morning boat ride!
Very nice group of folks. I commend them for their support and dedication!!
Heres some pics of the flotilla.
I know there were others taking pics too and I hope you add them to the thread when you can.

Attachments

·
ITS JUST NEVER EASY
1,970 Posts
I have lots of pics that I will upload later. That was the first time I a have been on that dock when it was frozen. Talk about slick! I donated a big bag of toys and buzzurd bill is delivering them for me. Thanks bill! They are a great bunch of guys and the world is a better place because of them. Maybe next year I will make the run, I will atleast donate. It was good to put some faces with names! Hope they have a safe trip and stay dry and warm.

Pics will come later.

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,273 Posts
Nice to meet ya down there NE.

All Santa Elves both
n

looked like they were loaded to the gills with Fiberglass sleighs and all brands of different reindeer manufactures to push the sleighs along...

It will be a

run to say the least, but with lots of memories made for years to come to remember a special

helping some deserving children.

I'll shut up and post some more pictures..

If you want to track their progress... click on here to see a SPOT in action
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0SMy1V9CeZJmcN8qCfOWdWHebmHObYtAd

To all you Mr. and Mrs. Santas who are on the trip makin it possible

Hog

Somebody can fill in who ever one is

1--This is the Hotrod Mobile- with Never Easy there standing to the left and Capt Hotrod stowing things away

Toy run 09 001.jpg

2-? (sure nuff fine sounding boat tho :biggrin:)
Toy run 09 002.jpg

3-?
Toy run 09 003.jpg

4-?
Toy run 09 004.jpg

5-?
Toy run 09 005.jpg

6-?
Toy run 09 006.jpg

·
4,273 Posts
More Sleighs filled with toys and Elves

7-?
Toy run 09 007.jpg

8-?
Toy run 09 008.jpg

9- Hotrod Sleigh. Dont ya know that barge in the back ground is wonderin, "what in the world are these folks do'n out here in the cold :)"
Toy run 09 009.jpg

10-Hotrod Sleigh with Bubba holding it to the dock
Toy run 09 010.jpg

11-? notice the bicycles mounted on the front... saw several on various boats
Toy run 09 011.jpg

12-
Toy run 09 012.jpg

·
4,273 Posts
An finally, their on their way---

Yall all deserve a

Have a good, safe,
fun time tonight

Toy run 09 014.jpg

·
ITS JUST NEVER EASY
1,970 Posts
here are a few i have. most are the same as Hog posted, so i will try not to post to many repeats. nice to meet you to hog.:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hog,
Thanks for posting the spot link. Has been kind of like watching Santa Claus being tracked on the TV when I was a kid:biggrin:
Sure looks like they are on schedule.

·
4,273 Posts
Your Welcome,
Looks to me like they just arrived at 2:00pm almost on the dot

Click on satelite or hybrid and zoom on down...

If you zoom way on out, you can see the continental shelf, hill tops and all the 3D look'n stuff..
neat program...

Santa brought me one to use on my trips too...

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Finally made it home. What a great experience! Will definatly do it again. Was great meeting alot of you guys. Kinda tired, will post up pics later, we took a bunch. Sorry Capt C, it was starting to rain and the girls were getting rained on so we shoved off, hope you made it ok. I owe the guy in the Ranger a dock line rope, cant remember his name, anyone? Thanks for the pics! The SPOT tracked us good huh?

·
Don't Panic!
441 Posts
This was was on of the most fun things I have ever done. The weather Saturday was cold but very beautiful and afforded us a great ride to POC. This was my first Toy Run and sure will not be my last. Met some great people and got to listen to some entertaining radio chatter on the way there and back. The parade was a truly fun event until our power inverter for the lights blew out so we just turned on the spreader lights and we kept on throwing the candy!

I would like to say thanks to all of you who organized and ran the event. I would encourage others who have not participated in the past to join in. It is well worth the time and money spent!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
SE, great to meet you and your wife! I'm gonna need a test ride on your boat just to be sure I like it as much as I think I do! :smile:

This was our first Toy Run and it was a blast! Met lots of great folks and really enjoyed the chilly ride yesterday and the windy one today. Luckily we ran back early enough this morning that we missed the rain!

I'll do my best to identify a couple of the numbered pics up above and then post a few of my own.

If you are thinking of doing this next year, I highly recommend it!

#4 - Team Marsh
#6 - Me and BigWill right after we gave Slightly Dangerous a jump (cold dead batteries)
#7 - Slightly Dangerous (and his awesome lighted Toy Run sign)
#8 - Buzzard Bill and his Panga in the middle

Attachments

1 - 20 of 82 Posts