2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught dinks on silver spoon and pearl eel BA, one 25" shark on spoon. Snag'd a small croaker and threaded him on the stringer for bait later but in 5 minutes a 25" shark had him for breakfast. Water was nice and full of bait.

Seen a small boat with a box full of trout caught on shrimp near the ferry landing.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Popped the tip off of my 7' Allstar,made it a 6 footer by attempting to cast a leadhead that had caught in the eye. Stopped by Accademy on the way in to see by chance they would warranty it. Sure nuf! got a new 7 footer.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
The Academy in Galveston has always been good about replacing Allstars.
I thought I had snapped my Kistler Helium today in the surf whe I cast and hear a loud pop. I decided I must of had a tip wrap and sent a new 51MR sailing. Luckily it didn't break the rod. Turns out when I got in and was putting my wadebelt in the truck, there was the lure stuck in the stringer float. LOL Must have done too much backcast and hooked the stringer behind me.

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
It seems the Bolivar pocket in the late 60s n 70s has been moved to the other side (North) of the jetties. The old 'Pocket' was from the old Bolivar Pier north to Fort Travis in front of the Litehouse. What I see refered to here as the pocket is area North of the Jetties and 'back n the day' was called the Garbage Dump, or the 'flats'. I have personnally seen Mexicans seine this area with 1500' seines and load the beds of several trucks with trout and leave 100s of lbs of bycatch laying on the beach and I'm talking about 100s of Rays. WW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.