2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know anything, good or bad, about this particular consignment lot in Dickinson? Has anyone ever sold or bought a boat from this lot and what was the experience like? I'm thinking of placing my boat there, but would like to research the business a little more before I do so.

Any information would be beneficial. Thanks

·
Underwater Point & Click
1,046 Posts
I just bought a 20' Mako on Consignment from them. Book had it lower than the asking price and once I negotiated the deal down a bit, I bit.

Had her out this past weekend... runs like a champ... some minor electrical issues, but nothing that isn't easily fixed... typical in a used boat.

They have a nice consignment of boatz there and the Owner Terry Huckaby will do you right.

Matter of fact, the Tortuga is sitting there in the lot on consignment.

They also do boat repair (insurance and personal) work. They have a fiberglass man that is second to none. I did notice thought that when I asked about getting some accessories, they seemed a bit on the high side, better deals can be found, but if you are a one stop shopper... this is a good place to go.

They also used to have that lot right across from Kilgores in League City on 518. I have known about them for quite some time, and now that I have been out of college for awhile and can actually afford a boat... I looked for about 3 solid weeks and wound up buying from Boatz.

They get my vote!

Tell em Mike Myers sent ya!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I posted about this place a while back - I got a couple of PM's from people that had SOLD boats through them and they were all happy with what transpired.

One guy had a problem with a check he got from them - but the owner made it right and it was a new bank, new account issue. The guy did get a bit nervous (understandably) but as soon as he talked to the owner of Boatz it was corrected.

If you bring your boat to them let me know how it goes - I would like to haul mine down there for a look over and probably to sell through them. Let me know what they charge and if they have any conditions on sales and transactions that potential customers would want to know about.

Ray

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help. I just talked to someone from down there and threw a lot of questions/concerns that I had and he handled them all very well. It looks like I'm going to go ahead and take it to them, but not before I get one last fishing trip out of it this weekend.

Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts