2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I REALLY need to know what the best polish/wax for a boat is 'cause I really dont want to waste my time after all of the work to make the boat clean. Please PM me if you feel more comfortable with that. AND THANK YOU AND MY SHOULDERS THANK YOU AND SO DOES my strenght.

sb:>

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My 30 year old Cheetah had chalky oxidation. I decided to go 3M. Use the polishing compound to get the chalk off, the Finesse II to get the color back and the Scotch guard wax for protection. I have just done some sample areas by hand and I'm impressed. The latter two went on and came off very easy. I'm impressed at the gloss developed for an old boat. There were some gel areas hidden from the sun and was able to get within one or two shades of orginal.

There are other threads with good info and opinion. Do a search for oxidation or wax. I went with the Scotchguard wax because it is on sale at West Marine for $5 off.

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
If you are ready for a little more work. carnuba wax it. the stuff dries so hard that it will hold up to many fishing trips. a mid priced buffin wheel and a little elbo grease will put a shine on the boat that will last 3 times as long as most waxes. i have a block of it that i bought on ebay. it aint cheap but its tough.

i hope it made from turtles.:eek:
Randall

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I looked at Collinite on the web, but got confused with all of the different products plus I could find any in any of the marine stores. I emailed them and got no reply. 3M's replys were very prompt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts