2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be changing my "handle" from Over the Edge to Team Hydrocarbon. Over the Edge is on the auction block and a new Cabo is on order. I have attached a picture of our old boat (near Dutra before releasing a Blue Marlin this June). If anyone is interested in purchasing a well kept 26' CC, send me a PM or contact Fox Yacht Sales in Rockport ot Port Aransas. As for the new Cabo 40, it will be delivered and rigged up ready to fish March 15. I am sure we will need assistance crewing Hydrocarbon from time to time so I will stay in touch.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congradulations on the upgrade. I had Cabo send me a package a few weeks back and recieved it very nice outfits. Maybe yrs. to come for me.
CB and Lynn

·
Registered
551 Posts
Wow. Thats a good looking boat!! and that Cabo isn't that bad either. How much you asking for that center console??Is it ragged out?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WillieH,

That is a 1998 Edgewater. There are definately better rides out in a head sea. But it is a good boat, relatively dry, and it has never failed to run us out deep and bring us home safe (except for the time we ran out fuel a mile from Matty after fishing Tequila and Cerveza). Flo-scans work great, but that was when we found out the hard way that a 200 gallon fuel tank doesnt mean 200 "useable" gallons.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chicknkilla,

You know us better than to ask if its "ragged out". On a scale of 1-10 she is still a 9! As for a price, I am letting someone else handle that. I left those instructions when I posted the thread. I dont know what its worth. I can tell you the price of rice in China and I can give you a dayrate on a drilling rig. But you arent interested in buying those items either. Have your wallet when we tie her up to the dock! Out brother Lu.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I did the same exact thing in my Edgewater several years ago, after an overnighter to Cerveza. Luckily, I ran out of fuel about a 1/4 mile from the dock in the Freeport harbor. 200 gallons on an edgewater means 180 usable gallons. I hear that boat is purty good at raising blues for a itty bitty outboard.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats right James. Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every once in a while.

As for the fuel, you are correct. You have to use that 10% rule. When do you fish the SKA nationals? I am waiting for you to throw up another 60+ pounder. I still keep tabs on you. Good luck.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Need more information EZ Money. Who are you and what are you referring to?

Anyway, post up if you are a die hard for billfishing. We may need a few crew members from time to time as our normal crew has a pretty hectic work schedule. No tackle required, we have a complete set (6) of 80 class Accurate's and the Accurate 30's are on there way.

·
Registered
949 Posts
About time you guys found a boat. I was starting to worry you might have the wrong boat on the shirts! :p LOL You know you guys can add me to the crew list!

Get Wild

Eric

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bigdaddyriverrat,
Contact Pete Fox with Fox Yacht Sales in Port Aransas if you are interested in the Edgewater. He is handling the sale and I am not sure what he thinks the boat is worth.

ZachH,
As for the name Hydrocarbon, we just thought the name fit well. My brothers and I and part of our crew are all in the offshore drilling business. Turning to the right in search of hydrocarbons for our customers. The name just fit well and seemed strong.

Eric,
We have you on the short list. I know we will need crew most of the time. I think you know where our slip is in POC. You know the one beside Lady Diana that has been empty for 2 years. By the way, where did you see a Hydrocarbon shirt at? Is one floating around out there prematurely?

·
Registered
949 Posts
OTE,

Just wondering, but is there ever going to be another " No Le Hace" in POC? I know you mentioned back in the spring that McManus was getting a larger Cabo, but no sign of one yet. I see him in POC quite a bit, so I know he's still around.

Get Wild

Eric

1 - 20 of 21 Posts