2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
<<<<<It's a living, don't ask!!
2,515 Posts
are you tring to replace existing hubs or are you tring to size rims?? most trailors use a common hub are are ez to replace McClaine trailors in Houston or Sportsman trailors in Santa Fe. hope this helps.

P.S. they have tires and rims

Shooter

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at replacing the hub itself. It a Sportsman trailer. Haul a 17ft Alumacraft on it.

·
Charter Member
5,923 Posts
When I replaced the hubs on my McClain trailer, I went to a trailer store on the 610 loop just past Gulfgate Mall. I can't recall the name of the place, but they had everything you would possibly need to rebuild your trailer. The guy said my hubs were common everyday Ford car (front hubs) w/ 4 1/2 inch bolt circle.

The entire assy including hub, studs, bearings, lug nuts and grease cap was $26. That was about three years ago.
Good luck with your project.
Mike

·
11,765 Posts
Trailer, Wheel and Frame is the place MT was refering to I believe. If you need it, they got it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Trailer Hubs

Moonpie,
I may be able to help coming from a trailer mfg. background.

To measure a bolt pattern on a hub you must measure between the studs. On a 4-bolt pattern it's from 1 stud to the next. On a 5-Bolt pattern you measure from stud #1 to stud #3. ie you skip a stud. Sometimes it a little tricky because the bearing housing is in the way.
The BEST way to get a correct match is to take the hub off and take it in.
There is more than a stud match, there must be ALSO a bearing /race match.
Buy a complete hub/bearing/seal kit, spray it with WD40, put in a HD plastic bag
and burry it somewhere in your boat.
Screammmming Drags,
Gowdy

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
I agree with the spare set but spraying with wd-40 is a waste of time ... pack in light grease and the Vacume Pack it ... get a friend to do it for you if need be !!!!

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.