2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the show today to see what's new. The same boats I looked at last year are up from $4,000 to $10,000 dollars. I thought we were in a recession! Most decent bay boats are running $40,000 to $60,000. I'm sorry there isn't a bay boat made worth $60,000+. Best deal I saw at the show was a Majek 20V for $26,000.

Used boats ought to be selling like hot cakes with these prices!

Good to see alot of the 2coolers there. Don't think I'll make it again this year.

Oh yea, and $7.50 beer!

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean ccraver. I've even looked at your boat and it is a really good buy. I'd even be interested but I can't sell mine either. A offshore boat for less than half of what these bay boats are going for. I even tried to get a trade in, and they want to give about me half of the NADA value.

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
Exactly what me and a few of my friends figured! We will be there Wednesday, My sole purpose is to get a one on one with the New Yammy SHO.. And probably drink a few off the premise for a guys night out.

I bought a Ranger Ghost a few years back from an individual and I paid 8 grand less for it and it had 4 hours on it.. I plan on buying used until the market hopefully one day flips a bit . I agree with you Doug.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
It is definatley a buyers market. Yought for the sellers. I finally traded my wakeboard boat in and got another bay boat. I had to drive to Austin to get the deal i wanted. It is definatelly tought though

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
i dont know why i wasted my time & money. I wont be back...
I was still planning on going till I read your post. Even the waverunners are outrageous? Was going to spring for one, now I might have to wait awhile longer. When will they learn? Oh well. I walked the chevy dealer lot the other day while they changed my oil. Out freaking rageous prices on them silverado trucks. They can keep them for those prices. $35K - $40K for a half ton truck? I don't think so!

·
Registered
985 Posts
For the last 30 years I used to look forward to the Houston boat show as an event filled with new ideas/boats/equipment, then quit going; same boats and equipment year after year for the same prices as any other day...after reading the comments today, think I'll save a few bucks and enjoy what I already have. $7.50 for a beer---geez????

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,373 Posts
Oh yea, and $7.50 beer!
I was thinking of going, but after seeing this.........

By the time I spend money on the gas to get there, pay to park, pay to get in. Last thing I want is to pay 7.50 for a warm beer.

If they were smart they would be selling beer for .50c.. Would sell a LOT more boats and other merchandise

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
Back during the "Miami Vice" days I worked a short time for Wellcraft in Sarasota and we loved the boat shows, especially the in-water shows. The secret was to raise all the prices by at least 20% and then mark them down by 5-20%. After that we relied on the sales force to do their magic and it is so much easier to sell a new boat when you can get someone on the deck. The combination of discount, polished metal and fiberglass, new boat smell and being able to stand at the wheel were killers. Sales reps were told to ignore the obviously hard-core boaters and go for the newbies. It worked.

To this day I get ill when I hear someone ask what it will take to get me into this (boat, car, etc.) today.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I used to go to the boat show just to look at the new rigs and stuff. Now I stay away from that place like it has the plague. I don't understand why I have to pay to go shopping?......... If they can sell a boat for a certain price at the show, they can certainly sell it cheaper from their lot. I wander how much the Dealers are shelling out for their booths.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway...Do you guys work a deal at a boat dealership like you would a new car or truck?
I wish boats had a Monroney sticker like new cars do.

·
From Hope and Change 2 Dope and Strange
548 Posts
I'M here. I havnt found the one yet. But $8.00 to park "cash". They could atleast let people know it's cash only to buy a ticket at the show. I very seldom carry cash. Wife came to the save of the day. Thens it's printed on a Ticketmaster stub. This is a joke. But I promised he kid.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I thought I was ready to buy a new boat... WRONG! I dont understand how it is that an outboard motor can be that expensive! I did grab a Russelure hoodie, and few lures from them! Love them things, so happy they are back!

·
From Hope and Change 2 Dope and Strange
548 Posts
I forgot to mention the deal I found. Waiting on my son to do the carpet wakeboard thing. I walked over to the Ski Nautique booth. I could get a $95,500. Ski boat for $74,500 " boat show special"! But wait it gets better 15% "$12,500" down and $596 a month for 240 months "20 firgin years". 20 yr boat payment!!!!!!

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
That kind of [email protected] is gonna sooner or later DRILL the boat industry. It already has IMO . People are doing the same thing you and I are doing LTFAO. 8 bills to park, 7.50 beer and the list goes on.. 20 flippin years.

I wonder if you get a free map and a bowl of Gumbo with that??

I forgot to mention the deal I found. Waiting on my son to do the carpet wakeboard thing. I walked over to the Ski Nautique booth. I could get a $95,500. Ski boat for $74,500 " boat show special"! But wait it gets better 15% "$12,500" down and $596 a month for 240 months "20 firgin years". 20 yr boat payment!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 156 Posts