2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a boat shipped from Florida to here? I have an offer in on a 31' Contender and I am thinking of how I am going to get it here as it does not have a trailer.
If shipping is not to much I will go that route. If it's to much I will find a trailer and go get it myself.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
shipping

i was looking in to that when i bought my boat. i believe its somewhere around 3000 but that was for south carolina so it might be a little cheaper.

·
Registered
177 Posts
try Ricky V. www,guaranteedtransport.com he does some shipping for us and is not too bad on price, and he has trailers available.

Jeff

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's going to be a permit load so if you are going to move it yourself you will need permits through the states you will travel. Most states will make you post a bond to get that permit. If you go online to U SHIP you can get carriers to bid on your boat. You will not be obligated to use any of them but you will know what the cost will be. Be advised that the load out height will be 13'6''. I had my boat hauled from NJ. to Freeport for a cost of $3,200. That was not the cheapest but I felt it was by a very qualified carrier. I did have to remove the tower but all that was done by a local yard.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
scamper, who did it for $3,200? That is a good deal. I got a quote for a 35 express shipped from that area for $7,200.

Brandon

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
drive to FLa buy a trailer and pull it back. $3000 is a good down pmt on a trailer and you need one anyway , right ? for instance.... http://www.loadmastertrailer.com/

We pulled a 30' boat back from sou of Miami in Sept. Hwy is decent now

no permits needed..............

·
Registered
36 Posts
ship it

That's what i did with a 28' Pursuit that didn't have a trailer. I used uship, but could give you the guy's name and save you 10% by booking direct. The guy lives in his motorhome and hauls boats around the country with his pet mackaw, lol. From St. Pete to Palacios was $1,700 and I didn't have to worry about permits, fuel, insurance, hotel stays or blowouts. I do wish i had a trailer for servicing and hurricanes, though. Good luck with your new ride!

·
Tommy
515 Posts
ACE and Adams

I bought a trailer from ACE trailers in Florida and then had Adams transportation do a "Tow and Go" for me.

The trailer was low cost and is the quality of a $6000 Loadmaster trailer. And Adams was $ 2000 to pull it all the way to my driveway in Sugar Land after stopping at ACE trailer's lot to re-adjust all the bunks. And Scott Adams delt with it all for me. I just flew there and flew back.

Great people at ACE and Adams.

I have all the contact info somewhere but also gave it to Angie at Surfside Marinia.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts